Comparison The GR2110 versus the BX series - some specific issues.

Axle-and-Hub

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / The GR2110 versus the BX series - some specific issues.
The GR2120 versus the BX series - some specific issues.

Greetings,

I'm not a Kubota owner yet - but I'm wearing my fingers down flipping between brochures daily :)

The GR2120 product seems to offer features I desire. But the BX series (1860, 2360, and 25) "appears" to offer many of the same.

the GR2120 (diesel 3 cylinder 4wd) has Glide Steer but the BX 1860/2360 and BX 25 don't mention it in their brochures.

None of them seem to mention the turning radius the way other mowers/tractors measure (zero turn, or 12 inch or 18 inch radius etc.)

The GR2120 doesn't have an option for a front loader - but 48" deck, snowblower and blade or options. Its less than a 1000 pounds and a 21 hp 3 cylinder water cooled diesel with glide steer.

The BX 1860 is 18 HP diesel with a 48 inch mower deck (mulching??) and snowblower available (as well as front loader option) and an uncertain steering situation compared to the Glide Steer.

My questions are:
1. Is the GR2120 significantly different at steering and turning than the BX series?

2. Is there a substantial difference is sound level, fuel consumption, or reliability between the 18, 21, and 23 hp 3 cylinder diesel engines? Specific advantages ??

3. Mower decks. Can all 4 use 48 inch mower decks? Is one deck offered a better finish lawn cutter than the others ?

4. Weight/handling. The GR2120 is less than 1000 pounds while the BX1860 is 350+ more pounds and BX2360 and BX25 more yet. Is there any significant differences in handling or riding comfort between the different models - or differences in how the 4 wd operates and performs?

5. Brochures measure length and width differently from one model to the next (use different methods. Is one of the products significantly different is size or compactness than the others (front loader not included) ?

The just completed Minnesota State Fair was a great way to see all these models (and the Cub Cadet 2400 series sub compact tractors too) - but its tough comparing when you get down to the details. Hopefully some of you readers may have some insights for my consideration :)

Catch U later,

Axle-and-Hub

Last edited: