The First Daffodil

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
These old bone would freeze in that weather. Roger I bet your in some warm climate not in Maine HaHa

HA! You got me brother! I spend my winters in Florida, but 2015 caught me when I came home on April 2 and discovered there was 4-1/2-feet of snow in front of my boat shed! Then as you could see in the picture, we had another snow storm on April 9th...

So I fixed that and didn't go home until May in 2016... Of course Maine hardly had any winter at all in 2016, but I didn't care...

This year started out pretty well with several snow storms in December, then kind of a lull, then they got hammered, but lately the temps have stayed above freezing, at least during the day and most of the snow has melted...

Still, we never see daffodils until well into May. Here are some May flowers I picked last year.. (Gotta keep the girls happy, right?)

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1150.jpg
    DSCN1150.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 6

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Here ya go lol its wet today but we have green grass

ForumRunner_20170227_132031.png

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
DAFFODILS !! really ..???
has this forum thread been run over by a bunch of ladies ....???
perhaps theres a few "woosies" in the mix ..!!!

DAFFODILS ?? ... how bout some beautiful, busty, buxom,.. 2 legged lumpy critters ..?? ( young women )
in BIKINIS !!! that's when ya know the weather is right to be mowin among other things .....( LOL ) :thumbsup: ..:laughing::laughing: ..:cool2:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
DAFFODILS !! really ..???
has this forum thread been run over by a bunch of ladies ....???
perhaps theres a few "woosies" in the mix ..!!!

DAFFODILS ?? ... how bout some beautiful, busty, buxom,.. 2 legged lumpy critters ..?? ( young women )
in BIKINIS !!! that's when ya know the weather is right to be mowin among other things .....( LOL ) :thumbsup: ..:laughing::laughing: ..:cool2:

That reminds me... I got in trouble on this forum a few years ago for posting a photo of a hot young woman pushing a mower. She was wearing regular shorts and a bikini top -- but that was too racy for LMF! :laughing:

I don't see anything wrong with appreciating both the beauty of a daffodil in February and the beauty of a young woman pushing a mower. :cool:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That reminds me... I got in trouble on this forum a few years ago for posting a photo of a hot young woman pushing a mower. She was wearing regular shorts and a bikini top -- but that was too racy for LMF! :laughing:

I don't see anything wrong with appreciating both the beauty of a daffodil in February and the beauty of a young woman pushing a mower. :cool:

Many things have changed... I guess it's all in the "exposure" ......... I'm 70 and a vet , wore "many hats" in my time including some high tech office, as well as the great ol hard-hat trades ...... but some of the commercials on TV make me feel "prudish" .......... and I've been guilty of "F-Bombing" in some of the most inappropiate places at the most inconvenient of times.. and, we do have to realize ... this site is available to the yung-uns , but then I have heard girls not even in their teens saying things that scorches the paint off the walls !! Ahhhh well ... so it goes ... Boobala ..:confused2:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey RDA,

I got a question for ya...

We're planning on spending our 2018 winter in Texas, just North of Corpus Christi. But watching the weather there has kinda got me wondering what we've got ourselves into. It looks like it rains there more often than not all winter long.. Is that really the case? Whatever, I guess I'd better keep a couple good sets of rain-gear in the boat.

Roger B

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Very nice Roger :) I would love to wake up to see that every morning. This year has been wetter than normal. A warm rain in December is better than a cold snow any day :)

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
RDA.Lawns;254707 A warm rain in December is better than a cold snow any day :)[/QUOTE said:
Hmmmmmm, Good point. I'll try to keep that in mind when I get over that way and cold water is dripping down the back of my neck while I'm wrapped up in foul-weather gear and beating my way back towards shore in a mean chop... Be OK if I cuss a little,,, right?

Roger

Last edited: