The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ron I forgot a lot of this schitt, but I do remember, ... there was a site on-line, that you could input the details (specs) of the parts YOU wanted to combine, to make your desired motor, and it would return, the results of whether or not, it would all be compatible, the approx HP ratings, and revised eng. specs., it then gave list of parts & specs for real life built, run & DYNO proven results engines they had run on their dyno, it was some performance testing facility for a racing engine build-shop, you could just tell em .. I want a XXX brand motor, 500 HP (street, drag, circle, etc. ) and this is my expense limit, they could send you ( for a measly sum (I think it was $15.00) a printout of several suggested combinations that would fit ( OR NOT) your criteria, It was a pretty detailed report, I will go through my old, OLD files, and see if I can find something on it, IF you want ... Wish I had thought about this sooner..... Boo

This CELLPHONE compatibility site works on the same principle ..https://willmyphonework.net/

Thanks, Boo. I would like to play around a bit on the site if you can find it..

As for my station in life:
I will turn 67 in just over a month.
As for financials, I can afford what I am doing. It makes my wife a bit nervous (old habits die hard,) but I say "what the heck?"
As long as we can stay out of the dentist's chair and nursing homes, we should die financially healthy........
I would like to die flat broke and having bounced my first check!
(ALA Colin Chapman race car...cross the finish line in 1st place, out of gas and have the car completely fall apart.....)

Pumper, thanks for the sediments (intentional, Skipper).............you hang in there!

Pumper54

Threads
Thanks Boo, I am pretty sure of 2 things: 1 I am indeed full of ***** and 2 I am a perfect ******* :laughing:
The worst part is the prep work where I don't get to eat good food for 2 days and then get treated by like I have just been abducted by space aliens. I need to get over all this and get back to fixing my mowers, bad oil seal on one and one that has no compression. Need to spend some time figuring them out

Tom

Pumper54

Threads
Ron,

You have most likely heard the old saying about motors: You only get 2 outta 3: Horse power, longevity or low price or something like that. Ponies cost money but I think as you told Boo, you are at that stage of life where you can do it.

Tom

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Chuck,

I didn't know about the site statistics, but I felt our thread was doing alright judging by the numbers you provide. I started doing that way back, but figuring it all out was giving me a head ache! . . . LOL

How in hell do you calculate the total number of site visitors?

Rog

On the front page of the Forms page, it says how many people are on the site at any given time. I take the numbers every 30 minutes and add them all together. This is not really accurate but it is a gage of how many people are on. Now, this is done the same way every time I do it so it is the same every time. So without being the owner and having the actual numbers, it is as good as I can get it. I wish I had a way to automate it so I can have a running total of every day and make much better answers to if we are up or down on views.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Views: 428,921

Total views 549

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 345.jpg
Hinder

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
On the front page of the Forms page, it says how many people are on the site at any given time. I take the numbers every 30 minutes and add them all together. This is not really accurate but it is a gage of how many people are on. Now, this is done the same way every time I do it so it is the same every time. So without being the owner and having the actual numbers, it is as good as I can get it. I wish I had a way to automate it so I can have a running total of every day and make much better answers to if we are up or down on views.

HMMmmm ... I THOUGHT ! you just looked at the "Posts-page" saw how many views there were say... at 5:45 AM YESTERDAY, ....... then, you deducted that from what it showed THIS morning, (ie.) 420,000 YESTERDAY mornin @ 5:45....... THEN, say, 420,445 THIS mornin at say 6:05 AM giving you 445 views .. AWWW screw it, YOU got it under control .. :confused2:
( I used hypothetical numbers of course)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
G' Mornin Pencil-Pusher .. :laughing: .......... ..x90417shi_blk_bv (Medium).jpg

G' Mornin Gang .. 7a9c08a29ea433b6f259afa8fa0163a3 (Medium).jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 3ad0d378f4aaf0cc05b7a2aa63e100b0 (Medium).jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
HMMmmm ... I THOUGHT ! you just looked at the "Posts-page" saw how many views there were say... at 5:45 AM YESTERDAY, ....... then, you deducted that from what it showed THIS morning, (ie.) 420,000 YESTERDAY mornin @ 5:45....... THEN, say, 420,445 THIS mornin at say 6:05 AM giving you 445 views .. AWWW screw it, YOU got it under control .. :confused2:
( I used hypothetical numbers of course)

He asked for site visitors not forum views. Its early your brain will catch up soon.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
He asked for site visitors not forum views. Its early your brain will catch up soon.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Too damned early to finger this owwt !! .......... ding (Small).jpg ....... :laughing:..:laughing: