Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 303.jpg
Hinder

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yes great idea, and you have watch out for the small tiny vent holes or hole if the original gasket had one..... I have taken in two mowers in the last month with homemade gaskets... Made by the same guy.. He made the 4 gaskets for a Honda GCV 160 and no holes in them......

Then a Briggs engine with the primer system on a 6.25 and no holes for the air to flow.... I picked up 2 more customers because of homemade gaskets not cut right.... Yes you have a great trick with the crayons doing that.... HMMMM maybe that's why you have cookies there..... Trading cookies for the crayon .... LOL

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Aww yes the people that do noy look up what the gasket is suposed to look like. I am not one of those people.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Xmark update:

Almost everything has been put back together till I started looking for the carb to intake manifold gasket. Nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. I decided to check to see if I even ordered one. Well, guess what? This dumb arse forgot to order one. No biggie I will just order one and all will be great. $6.70 and $19.99 shipping. No no no. Wait I have gasket material I can make my own. This is how I did it for those of you that do not know how to make your own. A picture will be attached.

1. Find the flat surface you want to copy. My carb had the best one of the 2 so I chose it.
2. Get a piece of paper and an old crayon. I like the crayon over pencil any day. Remove the outside paper of crayon.
3. Put paper flat on service you chose in step 1
4. Take the crayon and lay it long ways and move back and forth until you get all the detail of part you are making the gasket for.
5. Cut outside of paper off. Cut holes out of paper
6. Lay paper on gasket material and draw around the paper to make outside and holes show on gasket material.
7. Cut out gasket material just like paper.

You now have a gasket better than OEM

View attachment 41547

I almost did not post this thinking everyone in the world knew this little trick. I learned to trace like this in Kindergarten or 1st grade and it just stuck with me.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I've heard about women who have teeth........you know.....down THERE......

Ron,

All I'll say is this: Remember when you were in shop class and the teacher told you to keep your hands away from rotating machinery? Well now I know why!

As an aside, I met some with a good grip, but no teeth..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
4-5 Page update

So I go back a bit to try and catch up and other than some fine female flesh, I see Chuck is giving gasket cutting lessons (by the way, a soft lead pencil works as well as a crayon and provides better detail) and Ron is high on nitrous while they bore out a tooth..

Always good to see Bou around and Tom too..

Friggin' winter has settled in early this year. We'll have a white Turkey Day for sure..

Not much to report from the N.E. corner of the country.

Stay warm, and have a grand Thanksgiving...

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
C10 Stuff

?I just got back from the machined shop.
Picked up my block,crank,pistons, parts and gaskets.
And a set of brand spankin' new aluminum heads.
And all for a little fit of money..............(Fargo)
Intake just arrived, and got the cam the other day.

I need s few pieces of "hardware" to quote a design engineer,
such things a roller lifters,push rods,rocker arms,lifter guides and spider,
fuel pimp,pump rod,distributor gear,pump mounting plate,cam degree wheel,
And.....PAINT !! LOTS 'N' LOTS OF PAINT.......cuz it gotta be PURDY !!

Loke this:

woman1.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: C10 Stuff

?I just got back from the machined shop.
Picked up my block,crank,pistons, parts and gaskets.
And a set of brand spankin' new aluminum heads.
And all for a little fit of money..............(Fargo)
Intake just arrived, and got the cam the other day.

I need s few pieces of "hardware" to quote a design engineer,
such things a roller lifters,push rods,rocker arms,lifter guides and spider,
fuel pimp,pump rod,distributor gear,pump mounting plate,cam degree wheel,
And.....PAINT !! LOTS 'N' LOTS OF PAINT.......cuz it gotta be PURDY !!

Loke this:

View attachment 41592

Ya got the "roller Bumpstick" N lifters, now get the roller rockers !

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: C10 Stuff

Yup.
Thas da plan, Dude......

When I was young and street racing, we had a guy that had a 53 chevy 4-door, broken windows, dents everywhere, different colored fender and hood, looked like an accident waiting to happen, but under the hood was a Latham Axial;-Flow supercharger with a couple of Solex side-draft carbs, (each equivalant to 2 4 Bbls.) sittin atop a punched-out 327 chevy fuelie motor, only brought it out on weekends to aggravate the big muscle-cars, what a sleeper, except for the 10 inch street slicks hidden in the "tubbed" body, a true street-legal, "funny-car" everybody went crazy over it, really a fun car in it's day ... :thumbsup: