The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Who cares? At that level of clothing, it can change at any second.

Short answer... If she's gettin DRESSED .. I'm outa here, much to do... BUT if she's gettin UNdressed .. then I ain't going anywhere !!! :rolleyes:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I reworked my air compressor and am currently assembling a sand blast cabinet from HF.
I will have great need to blast clean rusty truck parts as the C10 project continues.

Ron,

Which HF blast cabinet did you get? I have one that I researched quite a bit before picking it up. Mine is the benchtop model (I built my own support frame for it) but I learned that HF offers two models that are almost the same, but not quite. One of them has two latches that hold the door shut and the 'lesser' model only has one. In calling every HF in the State plus a couple in NH. I finally found the correct one in Bangor. Bangor is a L-O-N-G ways from anywhere else in Maine, unless you live there of course, but I made the road trip up there just the same. I added an under-counter LED light strip for illumination and built a road-cone dust collector (which works fantastically) for it. My little double hot-dog Air Compressor can't really keep up with the CFM required for the cabinet (mine puts out 4.6 CFM @ 90 PSI) but I can do small parts fairly well and that is what I bought it for.

What are you doing to yours to make it better?

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN2087_955.jpg
    DSCN2087_955.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 4

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

Which HF blast cabinet did you get? I have one that I researched quite a bit before picking it up. Mine is the benchtop model (I built my own support frame for it) but I learned that HF offers two models that are almost the same, but not quite. One of them has two latches that hold the door shut and the 'lesser' model only has one. In calling every HF in the State plus a couple in NH. I finally found the correct one in Bangor. Bangor is a L-O-N-G ways from anywhere else in Maine, unless you live there of course, but I made the road trip up there just the same. I added an under-counter LED light strip for illumination and built a road-cone dust collector (which works fantastically) for it. My little double hot-dog Air Compressor can't really keep up with the CFM required for the cabinet (mine puts out 4.6 CFM @ 90 PSI) but I can do small parts fairly well and that is what I bought it for.

What are you doing to yours to make it better?

Roger

I bought this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-62144.html

So far, I have purchased a media metering block, which will install in the bottom door of the hopper, eliminating the siphon pickup tube.
I will also change out the gun with a better unit w/foot valve, improve the lighting and devise a dust separator system.
I looked up your original post on that topic and may follow suit. Nice.
I will also need to replace the tapping screws which secure the glove flanges to the cabinet, as they don't grab any metal....nuts and screws for sure...
After that we'll see.............
Bought some fine grit media from Tractor Supply. What do you use??
I will be needing to do some fairly heavy rust removal from suspension components...........

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I bought this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-62144.html

So far, I have purchased a media metering block, which will install in the bottom door of the hopper, eliminating the siphon pickup tube.
I will also change out the gun with a better unit w/foot valve, improve the lighting and devise a dust separator system.
I looked up your original post on that topic and may follow suit. Nice.
I will also need to replace the tapping screws which secure the glove flanges to the cabinet, as they don't grab any metal....nuts and screws for sure...
After that we'll see.............
Bought some fine grit media from Tractor Supply. What do you use??
I will be needing to do some fairly heavy rust removal from suspension components...........

Ron,

I use a fine grit I bought at HF the day I picked up the blast cabinet. It works very well, but I already need some more as the cyclonic separator removes a lot of it from the air. Of course I can just open up the 5 gal collection bucket and reuse what's in there too, but I want some more. Unfortunately the closest HF is about an hour away from me.

Do you already have a dust collection system for your shop? I have one for all the wood working tools, but didn't want to run sand into it, so I built the cyclone separator, It does work well, but the rubber of the road cones doesn't lend itself to being glued or connected to anything else. I used a sort of sealant and some nails and screws.

You could easily use a good shop vac as a vacuum source if you don't have a dust collector system and just build a simple cyclone or other sort of dust separator to catch the sand and keep it out of the vac.

Keep me up to date on how it works out for you. Do you have my home email address? If not let me know and I'll send it to you in a PM. Oh! What do you have a for an air compressor? I hate to have to upgrade mine because they are big and I'm running out of space.

I built a bench all around that blast cabinet and dust collector since that picture was taken, I'd take another picture, but there is so much crap out in that part of the garage (the blast cabinet is in the garage, not the shop) I can't get at it right now. Too many projects and yet here I am pissing time away typing... (And Boo gets mad at me for not spending more time on here..)

We just had a water leak here in the house! We went out this morning to go to the local flea market but they weren't open due to the "fog" which is more like 'light rain' this morning, with a forecast of real rain to come, so fortunately we came right home. I discovered water droplets on a piece of paper right next to the computer and looked up.. Long story short, the plastic whip from the kitchen sink faucet had slowly slipped out of it's compression fitting (the pipe below it wasn't strapped up and gravity is relentless) Everything is all fixed, but we have lots of wet towels to clean.. We saved the computer, modem, Wi-Fi, printer and digital camera all of which were nearly directly under the leak! Thankfully, the flea market wasn't open or we'd have been there for over an hour and who knows what would have been ruined.. All pipes are now securely strapped to the floor joists.

Roger

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

My dust collection system will be my Craftsman shop vac.
I will build or get a separator........
My compressor is a 5hp 2 stage Champion which I recently sorted out after owning for 4 years.
Pressure set to 110" but could go to 175.
Lots of air.........
I am still sorting out my air system (regulators,water separators,etc.)
I have been trying to contact Mike at Tacoma Company to discuss his upgrade stuff for the cabinet, but phone goes to voicemail, and the mailbox is full.....
I have tried email, but no response as of yet.
I've read that his mods make the HF cabinet a pretty good unit.

I think I got your email from one of Boobot's mass mailings....sent you a test email to be sure.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

My dust collection system will be my Craftsman shop vac.
I will build or get a separator........
My compressor is a 5hp 2 stage Champion which I recently sorted out after owning for 4 years.
Pressure set to 110" but could go to 175.
Lots of air.........
I am still sorting out my air system (regulators,water separators,etc.)
I have been trying to contact Mike at Tacoma Company to discuss his upgrade stuff for the cabinet, but phone goes to voicemail, and the mailbox is full.....
I have tried email, but no response as of yet.
I've read that his mods make the HF cabinet a pretty good unit.

I think I got your email from one of Boobot's mass mailings....sent you a test email to be sure.

A-Yup, you got me.. I replied.. Good old Boo, ain't got enough sense to use Bcc (Blind copy) for his addresses..

There is lots of stuff available on the web to improve your HF blast cabinet. I'm quite happy with mine, but then I don't use it very hard.

If you're into buying stuff, the dust deputy is a good particle separator: https://www.banggood.com/Cyclone-SN...MIyqr3gLK63AIVh-DICh2nIgh5EAQYASABEgLmNPD_BwE This unit is sold by "Bang Good", how could you go wrong!?!?!?

NOTE: This is important.. I am just 100 posts ahead of you.. I doubt that lasts very long..

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

HEY U guys... I'm on here to see beautiful babes, NOT some B/S about your antics over some blast booths, U guys R the dust collectors, get off your arse's and post some HOT, HOT, HOT, pics of 2 legged lumpy critters already ...!!!!... :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

A-Yup, you got me.. I replied.. Good old Boo, ain't got enough sense to use Bcc (Blind copy) for his addresses..

There is lots of stuff available on the web to improve your HF blast cabinet. I'm quite happy with mine, but then I don't use it very hard.

If you're into buying stuff, the dust deputy is a good particle separator: https://www.banggood.com/Cyclone-SN...MIyqr3gLK63AIVh-DICh2nIgh5EAQYASABEgLmNPD_BwE This unit is sold by "Bang Good", how could you go wrong!?!?!?

NOTE: This is important.. I am just 100 posts ahead of you.. I doubt that lasts very long..

Great lead..if the order went thru.....McCaffee blocked some malware from that site, so we'll see.........

That is way less than the Dust Deputy I had been considering!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

HEY U guys... I'm on here to see beautiful babes, NOT some B/S about your antics over some blast booths, U guys R the dust collectors, get off your arse's and post some HOT, HOT, HOT, pics of 2 legged lumpy critters already ...!!!!... :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

How's zis??

img5084d2b9db72b.jpg

or...this.....
sexy-woman-lawn-mower-15395701.jpg