The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Someone needs to tell this guy he's mowing his lawn wrong. He should turn the mower around rather than pulling it backwards. I actually see a lot of people doing that. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBwH_UMGNVc

Good thing you showed up Darryl, We're almost ready to make that video we mentioned a few posts back, how could we explain one of the "star-performers" was A.W.O.L. ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

--- runs and hides ---

primerbulb120

Threads

Today I fixed 4 more power heads. 3 Ryobis and an old Troy-Bilt.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I survived my attack by a tree yesterday. Unfortunately a tree worker didn't. The tree he was taking down and roped into broke out from under him while he was topping it. This was something the arborist I worked for back in the 80s always worried about. Unhealthy/dead trees are always dangerous because you never know if/when/how they're going to break.

https://m.ctpost.com/local/article/Police-Tree-worker-dies-in-Trumbull-12834538.php

Darryl,

I was going to PM this message to you, but discovered that you have opted not to receive Private Messages. ??

Therefore I'll just dump it out here for everyone to see. Do you live in Trumbull? I used to live in Pachaug Pond near Griswold, back when I was stationed in New London. I know that is well East of you, but I thought I remembered a Trumbull Airport in that area, but I couldn't find it on Google Maps. Too many years ago I guess.

Anyway, you mentioned surviving your attack by a tree, I had a High School mate that was killed by a tree after he had graduated and become a forester. What happened to you? Glad you survived it, whatever it was!

Feel free to PM if the mood strikes.

Roger B

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

NAHHHHH ! He needs some of THIS !! ....... View attachment 37064

Boo,

You are a hound and always will be a hound... No wonder I luv ya!!

Hey don't blame the heat you sent to Maine for you cooling off, I don't think it ever made it up here anyway! We did have one day it hit 60 degrees! But that was just a tease. It was 50 yesterday so I went out had sawed up a large limb that came off a big maple during the winter. Got the Yardman running (installed the battery and put some gas in her) she's running better than ever, I think that Seafoam finally did it some good.. Hooked up the trailer and hauled what was good enough for fire wood up to the wood shed.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

OH PLEEEEZE Chuck, How many time's do I have to tell you ?? the word is NOT steal !! ... it's RE-LOCATE !!..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boo,

You gotta get your lingo up to speed with current governmental thinking. You don't say "relocate", you say, "Re-AL-ocate"

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I received a contribution from Dennis Moore the Highwayman, but can't decide what to do with all these lupins !

Ahhhhhh Ron,

I have been away too long! I had forgotten your excellent sense of humor! But to this I must say, "LUPINS!! We don't need anymore BLOODY LUPINS!!"

Poor lass up to her you know what, in Lupins..

I never see the flowers that I don't recall that skit..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now it's MY turn to say GOOD MORNING!!

Where are all you early risers? Here it is Oh-Dark-Thirty and there ain't nobody around 'cept me, a couple other guys and someone called "Barebuttminer".. I saw that and thought, Hmmmmm, that's a new way of saying "Colder than a..."
Sort of like a "Well Diggers Arse", dontcha know?

So anyway, Rise and shine ya lazy buggers, I dragged m'wore out ol' butt outta bed jus' t'see if Bert Man has finished his supper yet today (Yep! I actually caught up with him TODAY! It ain't tomorrow for him yet!), but evidently SWMBO hasn't finished slinging the hash, cause he's not on here either.

Well, I hope all you guys have a fine Navy Day and I hope Bert Man has already HAD a fine day and a fine supper and that he has a fine evening too..

I'm gonna crawl back into my rack and see if I can get some sleep tonight.. Hope I don't wake 'mother' up, or there will be hell to pay!

Roger B