The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

That is the best mower you have picked for me.

Good ol sickle bar mower, be careful gettin off, it's a long way to the ground !! ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I had thought that NASCAR was gettin' it with the singing of the Star Spangled Banner. BUT I WAS WRONG......that rendition just offered at Bristol was pretty bad........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I had thought that NASCAR was gettin' it with the singing of the Star Spangled Banner. BUT I WAS WRONG......that rendition just offered at Bristol was pretty bad........

Hopefully TOMORROW'S Monster Cup race will have a better rendition, I can't stand when some A-HOLE has to try adding their B/S melody to the song........ :mad:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

WELLLLLLLL Hy there long lost leader !!

Good to hear from ya ON THE THREAD AGAIN !! , I had 4 new Michelin X-Radial DT's installed by COSTCO , April 19, 2011 (yep- 7 yrs. ago) $424.70 (have the receipt) mileage was 96,243 just now checked the odometer = 157,651 mi. so at 61, 408 mi. AND I still have at least 1/3rd of tread still left (to the wear-bars) :thumbsup:

Boo,

Thank you and Bert-Man for the tire (tyre) info.. I think I made a good choice with the Michelins.

OK - Let's see, I reviewed the last ten pages on the thread and learned that you guys are into composting. Me too! Have been for years. When I had my subsistence farm with lots of animals and LOTS of manure, the compost pit (in the day-light basement of the barn) would almost heat the place in the winter, I had to build a wood chimney to carry off all the "steam". My boots would get so hot when I cleaned the pit out (twice a year) that I'd have to take breaks. Now my pit is mostly sawdust and shavings. They take LOTS of nitrogen to break down so I piss in it.. Hey, it's all I got, well not 'all' but it's all I'm going to contribute.

I have taken one of those gimbaled elevator cars to the top of the St Louis Gateway Arch. You can crawl out to the edge and look through little windows, but because the thing is triangular in shape, you don't see anything under you! I didn't realize that heights bothered me until I looked 630-feet down to the river below! Scared the crap outta me! I backed away from that window like I'd seen a ghost!

I was good to see NOBAMA on here, I'm glad he's keeping an eye on things every now and again.

Doc is busier fighting fires than a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest. I don't know where he finds the time for all his at home projects..

Weather Change: You guys mentioned flood insurance and I think with good reason! When we got home this year I noticed seaweed on top of the neighbors dock! Lots of it! It is obvious that it washed up there and the deepest I have ever seen the tide get on his dock in 18 years was a good 6-8" below the walking deck on the dock! I admit that I didn't see it happen, but our highest tides usually come in the Spring and I believe that one of them washed over the top of his dock!!

State Birds: I'm sure you can guess which state this one belongs to.

Roger

Attachments

• Chickadee.jpg
    Chickadee.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hopefully TOMORROW'S Monster Cup race will have a better rendition, I can't stand when some A-HOLE has to try adding their B/S melody to the song........ :mad:

Yeah...what HE said....

It really bugs the wife and myself when these "performers" take liberties with the melody.
First Amendment rights maybe,but I liken it to burning the Flag.
Really sad when such a proclaimed patriotic sport as NASCAR will allow this type of display.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Was doing a spring cleanup. It got a bit windy so I decided to skip the account next door. I was standing at the back of my truck on the driver side about to put my gloves on to rake in the seed I'd just sowed where the plow guy had scuffed up the dirt - really no grass there usually. I heard a crack and looked up to see that limb heading down towards me. Stepped back. Glad I didn't have my hearing protectors on playing music or I wouldn't have heard it. That would have been a trip to the ER at least!

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_165727829.jpg
    IMG_20180414_165727829.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20180414_171042366.jpg
    IMG_20180414_171042366.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah...what HE said....

It really bugs the wife and myself when these "performers" take liberties with the melody.
First Amendment rights maybe,but I liken it to burning the Flag.
Really sad when such a proclaimed patriotic sport as NASCAR will allow this type of display.

Maybe if a performer decides to "enhance" the melody or lyrics with THEIR OWN self-appointed version, EVERYBODY should "take a knee", BOO them (NOT Boobala) and give them DOUBLE thumbs down ! :thumbsup: ..................... ( But I'd prefer "head-shots" , using a sling-shot with balls from LARGE ball-bearings ! )

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Was doing a spring cleanup. It got a bit windy so I decided to skip the account next door. I was standing at the back of my truck on the driver side about to put my gloves on to rake in the seed I'd just sowed where the plow guy had scuffed up the dirt - really no grass there usually. I heard a crack and looked up to see that limb heading down towards me. Stepped back. Glad I didn't have my hearing protectors on playing music or I wouldn't have heard it. That would have been a trip to the ER at least!

AHHHhhh that was just a reminder, ..... it was past time to change your undies ..!!! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Didn't really scare me. I'm pretty used to falling limbs having been a groundsman for a tree service and also dropping a lot of limbs on myself when using my pole pruner, lol. But in those cases I'm expecting it. I was pretty sure it was going to hit my truck though. It probably broke during one of our snow storms and was just handing on by a little. There's a lot of hangers in the trees still.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Maybe if a performer decides to "enhance" the melody or lyrics with THEIR OWN self-appointed version, EVERYBODY should "take a knee", BOO them (NOT Boobala) and give them DOUBLE thumbs down ! :thumbsup: ..................... ( But I'd prefer "head-shots" , using a sling-shot with balls from LARGE ball-bearings ! )

If a performer changes the song, melody or lyrics then it becomes THEIR version and as such they pay a lower amount of royalties to the original songwriter or current copyrights holder.
Royalty fees vary substantially according to the profitability of the event and / or the number of people who will hear it or a strange formula involving both