The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

IMA yoosed to bee an a athelettica mekanika, I fixa duh horses, I fixa duh dogs, i fixa duh feetball, .. I fixa alla duh sports, n mak a goot muney too !

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

My "water feature." First 2 are the house lot about 75 feet from the house, basically the side yard. There are Cattails on the near side. Unfortunately Phragmites such as on the far side have taken over in many coastal wetlands around here. We own across the river to the tree line on the house lot. The 3rd one is down river a ways with our back acreage on the left - don't own across the river on those lots. It's about a 3 mile meandering paddle to Long Island Sound. Only small boats can get up this far due to low bridges and shallow water.

Edit. Pics are taken different times of the year. First two approaching fall and 3rd is during the summer.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 254,801

Total views 1181

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 76.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

My "water feature." First 2 are the house lot about 75 feet from the house, basically the side yard. There are Cattails on the near side. Unfortunately Phragmites such as on the far side have taken over in many coastal wetlands around here. We own across the river to the tree line on the house lot. The 3rd one is down river a ways with our back acreage on the left - don't own across the river on those lots. It's about a 3 mile meandering paddle to Long Island Sound. Only small boats can get up this far due to low bridges and shallow water.

Edit. Pics are taken different times of the year. First two approaching fall and 3rd is during the summer.

Nice and serene !

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gooooood Mornin Chuck ! you too Darryl !!.. YESS.jpg

Good Mornin gang ! ..mechanic.jpg

Thought 4 2day : .. bec29127caff6df4d3664cc786f5c103.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sweet...just got a call from someone about taking care of their summer cottage, referred by another landscaper who I'm on a friendly basis with and who gave me another lawn a few years ago because he couldn't handle the fall cleanup on it. After 34 years, starting at the age of 42 for extra money to supplement his teaching income, he's retiring and giving out my name to his customers. That's the second landscaper in town doing that this season. I guess I must be doing something right! The only issue may be that his prices were pretty low, so there may be some sticker shock when they get my quote. He was always doing mowing as a second income so he didn't feel the need to charge much. This is my only income and my prices really aren't negotiable. I think most people will expect a rate increase though.

Off to check out a cottage. Do I need to take pictures Boobala? :tongue:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sweet...just got a call from someone about taking care of their summer cottage, referred by another landscaper who I'm on a friendly basis with and who gave me another lawn a few years ago because he couldn't handle the fall cleanup on it. After 34 years, starting at the age of 42 for extra money to supplement his teaching income, he's retiring and giving out my name to his customers. That's the second landscaper in town doing that this season. I guess I must be doing something right! The only issue may be that his prices were pretty low, so there may be some sticker shock when they get my quote. He was always doing mowing as a second income so he didn't feel the need to charge much. This is my only income and my prices really aren't negotiable. I think most people will expect a rate increase though.

Off to check out a cottage. Do I need to take pictures Boobala? :tongue:

NAH...... you've exceeded my expectations ( for a scientist ) and you have already tolerated my unrelenting snide remarks and B/S much more than I had perceived, I like you !! ... YOU put up with my schitt !! ..
Now you be wary of how much work you take on, stick to your "guns" on prices, when they see your work, they will know you're worth it !! .. OR you could lie and tell em, your 4 married children are unemployed and moved in with you along with your grandchildren for say a total of 17 people to support and you really have to support all of them.