The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

OR...I'll just wait until the plow falls off and rips off the hoses and then worry about it...:laughing:

YOU'LLLLLLL be Sorrrrrrrrrrrrry ! .. :mur: :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Actually the long term forecast for the Northeast has cold weather and a possible storm the first week of April so I may not have a choice but to fix it. We've had some pretty good snow storms in April. Not common but it does happen. I've got the pin. I'd just rather disassemble and rehab the plow all at once, and I'd rather not do that now because after sitting on my arse all winter my pockets aren't exactly overflowing with cash. I'd just as soon hack all the hardware I need to remove off and replace it, but it's not in stock at my dealer and I didn't order it. I already spent $800 on the new tires and starter for my walk-behind and a new multi-tool powerhead.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 246,230

Total views 982

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbie.
sunrise 67.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gooooooood Mornin Chuck !! .. YESS.jpg

Good morning wrench-benders !! .. mechanic.jpg

thought 4 2day: tumblr_m3jckikMqc1qcyseuo1_500.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

WELLLLLLLL ......... I see ( primerbulb120 ) is doing tune-up's on his mowers today !! ..:thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Lawn_Mower_Runaway.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

New (old) Chevy C10 home.
AAA was 1 hour later than their supposed arrival time, but, all is well that ends well..........
They had to get a towing company from 50 miles away to come and tow my truck 2 miles.
There is a company 3 miles from home that would have done it, but they have not come to terms with AAA.
Still bet their fee to AAA would've been less than the 50 mile guyz............

Anyway, offending freeze plug was on the side of the block, easily accessible.
What is left of it is now on the table awaiting replacement.
Remaining plugs probably not far behind.
Engine turned out to be a 305, so it will probably get replaced anyway.
I really want a manual tranny: 4,5,or 6 speed.

Battery tray and inner fender rusted out from battery stuff.
Interesting to note" the battery tray costs more than the inner fender, even with shipping.............
Something really wrong with this picture..............C10 3.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

New (old) Chevy C10 home.
AAA was 1 hour later than their supposed arrival time, but, all is well that ends well..........
They had to get a towing company from 50 miles away to come and tow my truck 2 miles.
There is a company 3 miles from home that would have done it, but they have not come to terms with AAA.
Still bet their fee to AAA would've been less than the 50 mile guyz............

Anyway, offending freeze plug was on the side of the block, easily accessible.
What is left of it is now on the table awaiting replacement.
Remaining plugs probably not far behind.
Engine turned out to be a 305, so it will probably get replaced anyway.
I really want a manual tranny: 4,5,or 6 speed.

Battery tray and inner fender rusted out from battery stuff.
Interesting to note" the battery tray costs more than the inner fender, even with shipping.............
Something really wrong with this picture..............View attachment 36603

Damn Ron I'd love to have that except I'd prefer a 6 cyl. matic, (short hauling trips) a nice paint-job and interior clean-up (if necessary) in fact we are looking to buy an older pee-cup truck that is easy to work on, most pee-cup's in our area (horse / rural) country are much worn-out or abused by "Mudder's"..:thumbdown:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Damn Ron I'd love to have that except I'd prefer a 6 cyl. matic, (short hauling trips) a nice paint-job and interior clean-up (if necessary) in fact we are looking to buy an older pee-cup truck that is easy to work on, most pee-cup's in our area (horse / rural) country are much worn-out or abused by "Mudder's"..:thumbdown:

Some of the finish will clean up pretty well. Look at the cab door jamb at the rear of the door....

I am going to need to plan my events/activities carefully.
It takes me a few minutes of concerted effort to get up off the ground.
I may need to have to teach my wife what various tools are so she can assist with mechanical surgery.
Or, develop a tool caddy that makes all tools available all ground level........

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I plan a recon trip to the nearest junkyard to scope out needed parts.
Than, back to the nose doctor for more follow-up poking,prodding, and sneeze inducing...