The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

It has been my observation that you really don't require a subject to talk about, nor anyone to whom to
talk to about no subject............ you jus' let yer fingers do the talkin' then hit "submit reply."

It's truly amazing how much we can say about nothing ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Fount this the other day and forgot to post it. It is called Aussie Spider Chart.
View attachment 36535

This stuff really SHITTS ME

Either done by a unit living millenial ( so it must be funny ) or some brain dead Pom who has never been here.

The black house spider lives around windows, in the tracks of sliding windows particularly in the kitchen or bathroom.
In the pre-house days they lived in the cracks in the bark of iron barks.

The red back is the bastard that bites your bum on the dunny seat in fact there was a song written about it and they are mentioned in dozens of poems & stories

The WHITE TAIL not white tip spider is not flesh eating, but their venom has a bacteria that rots your skin so the spider can slurp it up
The white tail spider & red back spider are almost the same size, about 10mm
The black house spider in about 6 to 8 mm
The mouse spider is as the name implies about the size of a field mouse, the same grey colour, hairy and lives in holes thus oft confused with mice.
A field mouse ( not natives ) are about 1/2 the size of a house mouse.
The huntsman is a big hairy spider, up to the size of your palm, It is the fastest spider in the world, but rarely moves , the image is a shed skin not a real spider.
The bird eating spider is our largest spider by mass and naturally do not eat birds.

So if you want t make a joke about something, at least learn about it first.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Either done by a unit living millenial ( so it must be funny ) or some brain dead Pom who has never been here.

The black house spider lives around windows, in the tracks of sliding windows particularly in the kitchen or bathroom.

The red back is the bastard that bites your bum on the dunny seat in fact there was a song written about it and they are mentioned in dozens of poems & stories

The WHITE TAIL not white tip spider is not flesh eating, but their venom has a bacteria that rots your skin so the spider can slurp it up
The mouse spider is as the name implies about the size of a field mouse, the same grey colour, hairy and lives in holes thus oft confused with mice.
The huntsman is a big hairy spider, up to the size of your palm, It is the fastest spider in the world, but rarely moves , the image is a shed skin not a real spider.
The bird eating spider is our largest spider by mass and naturally do not eat birds.

AWWwww cmo'n Bert, don't get you testicles in an up-roar !! this thread is all about having FUN and helping each other when we can, LIGHTEN-UP... have a GOOD time here, everything doesn't have to be DEAD serious, a lil humor is good for the soul ! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Think you are missing the point there Boo.
You can not make humour or parody something if you do not know what you are poking fun at.
That is the difference between a comedian and a fool.
The chart was made by a fool.
It would have been funny if they had go the spiders right,
The parody about us calling everything Bastard is also wrong.
bastard is a term restricted to people and things that are close and known to you
Like you old bastard Boo.
Of the bastard dog ate my boots
Your bastard son got my daughter preggers
Or this bastard mower bloody well refuses to start.

Spiders are BUGGERS, derived from buggery the art of putting ones pride & joy some where that it fits but was not meant to be placed.

Itis typical of millenial humour.
Some one comes up with an idea or concept which is funny then in haste to share it with the world buggers it up because they get the detail wrong.
I have tried to watch some of the new breed of commedians, they are not funny to any one over their age who has a brain.
And in most cases their delivery id poor because they can not stop themselves from laughing at their own jokes which funny enough are not funny.

A similar chart to that has been around for decades.
It has a Union Jack background, the spiders in correct proportion and the names correct.
It is funny
Then there is another one taken from a government guide book for back packers about things that bite & sting
It is also funny

That one is not, unless you are under 30 in which case it is side splitting.
Sort of like a joke showing a couple and a baby with a caption "pass the rattle to baby" followed by the dad giving the baby a death adder , viper or cobra.
Now we know what they are trying to make fun of, rattle - rattle snake but if the snake depicted is wrong then it is not funny, just ignorant & stupid.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

What cracked me up enough to post it was the lack of knowledge of Australia they had. I do not know much but knew it was way wrong.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I've heard of Australia before. That's near Germany and where Arnold Schwarzenegger is front right?