The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Gettin' close on garage doors

It'll look a bunch better when I get the aluminum on the top panel.
I also need to clean the top of the left door as the dirty stripe is noticeable.

Adding a filler in between door sections may have made it look better, but, as each joint is a tongue and groove configuration,
I would have had to do a lot more machining, and hinge issues would also enter into the picture.

I do appreciate the feedback!

HMMmmmm you said "feedback" .... did you really mean ... Antagonism ..?? ..
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20a6980289a7a60364a23f462ad7ed16--smiley-faces-emoticon.jpg
    20a6980289a7a60364a23f462ad7ed16--smiley-faces-emoticon.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 12

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Door opener gremlin

That day may be comin'
I got way more bikes than I will ever need, and really shouldn't leave them around for heirs to have to deal with.
But, that is a train of thought which scares the heck outa me..............

I have many mowers as well; most are old and not worth much on the open market.
Like a couple of Snapper 21" self propelled jobs. Built like tanks, but not very modern.........

Dont let it worry you.
Before you are cold on the slab the kids will have called in the scrap merchant or paid a clean out company to remove all your rubbish because the real estate agent told them they would get a better price if all that trash was gone.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Dont let it worry you.
Before you are cold on the slab the kids will have called in the scrap merchant or paid a clean out company to remove all your rubbish because the real estate agent told them they would get a better price if all that trash was gone.

IF somethin happens to Ronaldo, .. I call first dibs on those garage doors !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Dont let it worry you.

Now, THERE'S a pleasant thought..........

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Now, THERE'S a pleasant thought..........

When we ran the courier & taxi truck business we got quite a few requests to "remove everything tonight" from deceased estates.
That is how I originally got into mower renovation.
Grandad had dozens of Rover Rancher II mowers in various states of dissrepair, lots of special tools ( hand made ) and spares.
The grandkids wanted it gone because the house was up for auction on the weekend and the Salvation Army forgot to empty the garage.
The greedy morons claimed a tax deduction for the "gift" of all of gran dads furnature & possesions then commissioned a commercial cleaner to come in on Friday and give the place a "for Sale special clean.

Another time it was a garage with a granny flat above it.
The estate agent told the kids that they would get a better price if it was demolished but the demolition company would not touch it with all of the contents in place.
Grandad was a wood turner and had 4 hand made wood lathes, a toolmakers lathe and 6 full timber wardrobes converted into tool cabinets for all of his hand made turning tools.
Grandad must have been an engineer or worked for a heavy fabrication company because a lot of tools were made from old power hacksaw blades or files, all with beautiful unique hand made handles.
We questioned one of the grandkids about if they wanted anything as a keep sake and the answer floored all of us.
Toss all of the shite the silly old bastard was hoarding to the tip, he should have died 10 years ago when we desperately needed the money to get into property before it skyrocketed.

So we charged them a fortune for the job, including tipping fees and overnight storeage.
We took everything back to the depot, found some local wood turners who took all of the tools to the local Mens Shed.
The wardrobes went to an interiour design shop & we got top dollar for them, the tool makers lathe went to one partner and the lathes went to a historical society for a working display.
I got the hand made hardwood benches and another partner took all of the other furnature for their holiday house.

A bit latter on a friends son got into demolition and he told me this attitude was the norm rather than the exception and he made enough from doing pre-sale demolitions in very short times to pay off his house and go back to do a Masters degree.
The beneficaries would happily pay 2 to 3 times the usual rate for a demolition in order to sell the property faster & for more money.

The me ME ME MEE generation is not only on line

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Replies: 4,957
Views: 231,689

Total views 726

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild