The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

we are getting ready for two days of rain, on top of all this ice, should be one hell of a mess

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

we are getting ready for two days of rain, on top of all this ice, should be one hell of a mess

MIGHT... return to "NORMAL" by April, ...or May, ...MAYBE June or July, ... even August, then you can start thinkin bout winter setting in ...AGAIN !! ...:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Mornin' to the group.
The "Gap" between college football and NASCAR is OVER !!
Today starts racing events at Daytona.
Practice, ARCA race today, 500 "qualifying" tomorrow.

I'll be rootin' for Joey Logano again in hopes that he repeats last years achievements (failed to make the chase.)
while cheerin' for #78 again in the background.

I've been working on the ceiling of the upper shop lately.
The original roof insulation was a bubble-wrap sort of sheet which broke down and fell down in quite a messy fashion.
I have been adding a layer of foil faced styrofoam board held up by 1x2 braces between the roof girders.
Gonna take 60 sections, and I have 3 done.
As usual, I spent an inordinate amount of time coming up with the easiest method, but finally hit on it.(pretty lengthy,tho.)
A fairly simple procedure if it didn't involve climbing up and down the scaffold...........
I am not as young as I used to be...........

I "trimmed" my crepe myrtle yesterday and ran the "trimmings" thru my DR dedicated chipper.(some "trimmings" were 15' long.)
If I was to love a machine, the DR would have to plat second fiddle to my Hustler Raptor SD54, but it WOULD be close...

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

UHHhhhh hey Ron, ...... we're happy to accommodate YOUR usual "quirky" agenda and rambling's, but we feel, you should be RE-informed that STARTING time in this thread, is NO-LATER than 6:30 A.M. , please re-set YOUR alarm device ! ..regards, The Gang !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

zzz 5.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

UHHhhh Ron, Glad to see Logano is on YOUR fav's list, BUT his teamate Brad Keselowski is destined to "Clean-House" this year, the Kielbasa Kid will reign Supreme ! ... :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

UHHhhhh hey Ron, ...... we're happy to accommodate YOUR usual "quirky" agenda and rambling's, but we feel, you should be RE-informed that STARTING time in this thread, is NO-LATER than 6:30 A.M. , please re-set YOUR alarm device ! ..regards, The Gang !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Actually, it WAS prior to 0630 when I posted....................in the Pacific Time Zone! (you were not specific..)

View attachment 35735

UHHhhh Ron, Glad to see Logano is on YOUR fav's list, BUT his teamate Brad Keselowski is destined to "Clean-House" this year, the Kielbasa Kid will reign Supreme ! ... :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

I actually cannot STAND Joey, but, as "my" driver typically performs poorly, I root for hem......

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

The framing for the 2 garage doors to transform the carport into a garage is complete.
Now I need to dismantle the doors from the neighbor down the street and install here.

It has been an interesting experience so far to teach the wife how to drive a 7' 3.5" (mirror to mirror) car into a 9' wide door,
without using the right mirror as the gauge (not hitting the side of the opening.)

I have stapled a pipe cleaner to the left pillar and "suggested" that she brush it lightly with the left mirror.
She has not brushed it as of yet, but come close enough that she doesn't rub the right mirror.
Now, if we had one of those fancy cars that tuck the mirrors on against the body, I suppose we would risk rubbing the side of the car...........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

The framing for the 2 garage doors to transform the carport into a garage is complete.
Now I need to dismantle the doors from the neighbor down the street and install here.

It has been an interesting experience so far to teach the wife how to drive a 7' 3.5" (mirror to mirror) car into a 9' wide door,
without using the right mirror as the gauge (not hitting the side of the opening.)

I have stapled a pipe cleaner to the left pillar and "suggested" that she brush it lightly with the left mirror.
She has not brushed it as of yet, but come close enough that she doesn't rub the right mirror.
Now, if we had one of those fancy cars that tuck the mirrors on against the body, I suppose we would risk rubbing the side of the car...........

YEAH ..I guess it COULD be worse !! .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBTzFCKKZ4