The Daily Yardman Thread

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Aha, it appears I hath forgotten: I fixed one polesaw also.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I had purchased a back-up grill in Atlanta off CL. The owner lives about a mile from my son, and he picked it up for me.
I disassembled it this morn. The critical screws unscrewed successfully.
Those that didn't met my DeWalt drill.......
All is in bags in the back of the car now, except for the propane tank. I gotta remember that.....

So, onward to Starkville (on TV that is...)
Roll Tide Roll !!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

GOOD MORNING.

I have fixed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, powerheads, and of course one blower.

I am now starting on the 4 stroke power heads to see what I can do with them.

CLYDE

Clyde,

You are going to be a millionaire before you know it! I haven't fixed anything lately (well, I did weld up a hole in the side of the blower in #1 step-son's Walker mower the other day) but, if the guy ever shows up, I am going to be selling my JD GS-25 this morning. We got to talking about it the other day and it sounded to me that he'd like it a lot more than I do, so we settled on a price (cheap!) and he was supposed to be here at 0830, so I just called him and he said he was running a little late, but he's coming!!

Now maybe one of you forum wizards can tell me how to remove it from my intro list.

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Click on "My Home" then on "Edit Profile"

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD MORNING.

I have fixed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, powerheads, and of course one blower.

I am now starting on the 4 stroke power heads to see what I can do with them.

CLYDE

Everytime I hear, or see the word Clyde, it reminds me of this song, ( ya gotta hear it all. ..(LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLB15kBvn_c

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: GAME TIME ! Which Avatar Would fit the Person ?

I'm pretty sure I know who you're thinking about, .. his INITIALS are, bertsmobile1 ,

Nothing will make my eyes twinkle unless it has BSA cast into the crankcases.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Bert-Man,

I agree with you in theory at least. I haven't gone to the extent that you have to remain simply - (a man, located somewhere in the Outback), - but I am not on Farcebook or any other social media. This forum is as 'social' as I get on the open Internet. The less people really know about you, the better. I love the credit cards in fake names, I never thought of that. My card (debit - I abhor debt!) demands that you check my photo ID before accepting it. It's amazing the number of times that is simply disregarded!

Good luck in your anonymity! (I mean hells-bells man, you are World Famous here already!!)

Roger

The internet is the closest most people will come to true democracy.
Online we are just electrons floating about in cyberspace.
Thus debates can be won on nothing more than the strength of the arguement presented.
The age, race, gender, sexuality, appearence , education, social & financial status of the posters is not apparent thus you get the closest to a truely equal debate as one can get and that is wonderful and very powerful.
Farce book and the like, put an end to that and tend to do the exact opposite.

I had a customer who fell out of favour with the magazine editors so got no more photo commissions.
He went home to see his parents while he was deciding what to do for a crust.
Mummy got him to "tweak" her face book image a little, followed by his mothers friends then before he knew it he was working full time doing vanity portraits for face book participants.
A year latter he had 3 retouch artists working for him and over the next couple of years made enough money to buy a house outright and set up a pension fund for himself.
He also converted photos into avitars both "sexy" & comic.
So now he has "retired" and does photo holidays selling images to image houses and doing the odd travel story, enough of which get published to claim the lot as tax deductions.
His mother with her new images got thousands of more followers then ran for & got elected to local government something she had been trying to do for ages.
If Clinton has some better face lifts and a boob job done she would probably have romped home and the world would have been spared millions of bad Bush jokes.

So I like things just the way they are.
You can decide if I am talking truth or rubbish, based upon what I actually say.
I don't even use spell checkers any more so my posts go out with my bad spelling thus not creating the image that I am a well educated, well read , highly articulate person so my opinions must be worth more than yours.

As for me personally, I do like to keep myself to myself and lets face it, any one who builds data bases about other people is not doing it for the benefit of the people in it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: GAME TIME ! Which Avatar Would fit the Person ?

Boy Scouts of America ??

How bout.. Bull Schitt Artist .. (easy Bert, it's just in fun ! ) ..:laughing:..:laughing: