The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Return from the Wilderness

Hi all!!

I'm back!

What a trip! It's a five hour drive from the coast to North West Carry on Moosehead lake! The last 33 miles are over dirt logging roads and logging trucks have the right of way! That doesn't make you feel real comfortable when you're hauling a boat on a wide trailer!

Moosehead Lake is the largest lake in Maine at 40 miles long and 10 miles wide, covering almost 75,500 acres. It has a max depth of 246-feet and I found the spot!! (See attached picture.) Believe it or not, but that picture was taken just 100 yards off the backside of Mount Kineo.

If you are looking for a true wilderness experience - (they are so far off the "Grid" it isn't funny!) - give them a call. http://seboomookwildernesscampground.com/ Tell them Cousin Roger sent you! (Don't worry, they do have hot and cold running water, flush toilets and a couple diesel generators that provide electricity at certain hours during each day.)

Glad to see you guys have kept the "home-fires" burning! Our next objective is to see how many views and posts we have by our November 1 anniversary.

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1994_871.jpg
    DSCN1994_871.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Return from the Wilderness

Hi all!!

I'm back!

What a trip! It's a five hour drive from the coast to North West Carry on Moosehead lake! The last 33 miles are over dirt logging roads and logging trucks have the right of way! That doesn't make you feel real comfortable when you're hauling a boat on a wide trailer!

Moosehead Lake is the largest lake in Maine at 40 miles long and 10 miles wide, covering almost 75,500 acres. It has a max depth of 246-feet and I found the spot!! (See attached picture.) Believe it or not, but that picture was taken just 100 yards off the backside of Mount Kineo.

If you are looking for a true wilderness experience - (they are so far off the "Grid" it isn't funny!) - give them a call. http://seboomookwildernesscampground.com/ Tell them Cousin Roger sent you! (Don't worry, they do have hot and cold running water, flush toilets and a couple diesel generators that provide electricity at certain hours during each day.)

Glad to see you guys have kept the "home-fires" burning! Our next objective is to see how many views and posts we have by our November 1 anniversary.

Roger

OK Goomba, looks like you got a bit of reading to catch up on, hope you had a good time, NOW get your arse back to work,winter will be here before you know it!! ( LOL ) ..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

raining pretty hard here this morning

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

raining pretty hard here this morning

UT-OHHH ..... that's when the wifey corners ya for the Honey-do's INSIDE the house !! ..:laughing: .:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 500th posting

Hey guys, this is my 500th post! I can't wait to see what color stars I get now!! (I am very easily amused..)

I didn't have time yesterday after we got back, it took me almost two hours to wash, re-wash and wash some-more, in an effort to get all the dirt off the boat that it accumulated over that 33 mile dirt-road drive in the rain.. I was hoping the next four hours on the highway in the rain would wash it all away, no such luck!

Not raining here today Doc, mostly sunny and nice. Just got back from hauling traps, only got four keepers, bad day...

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1999_876.jpg
    DSCN1999_876.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 6

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wooooo Platinum!!!

Wow! Platinum stars...

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Number of Views Contest

If this thread continues as it has, it is highly probably that it will exceed 62,584 views by November 1 of this year..

If we can keep Doctor Russell around (who posts everything he's doing, like this was FaceBook) - we ought to exceed that number by a good amount.

Anyway, that's my best guess. Anybody else want to chime in? We can have a prize for the winner, but I have to discuss that with Boo-Boo before we can announce it.

Roger

PS. How about FREE tickets to the Submarine Races???