The Beginning of Fury

mullins87

Threads
Love the quote Kenny. It's so true. I believe this is the DIY forum. So here goes, I would like to be able to do some quick sprays of chemicals while mowing. Has anyone had experience with mowers that have some sort of hypro pump that are attached? Thanks in advance!

If you are wanting to do some real quick shots, then a small 1 or 2 gallon tank that you pressurize by hand would be best. All you would need to do is figure out somewhere to mount it. If you are needing to spray a few gallons, then a tank with a 12v on demand pump is your best bet. Unless you will be doing a lot of continuous spraying, the lawnmower's battery will handle the pump just fine without draining it.

I do a little more spraying than some, so I mounted a 25 gallon sprayer to the back of my farm cart - I call it a farm cart as it no longer qualifies as a golf cart. I have a boom on the back that gives me an eight foot wide path as well as a handheld wand that gives me roughly thirty foot of reach.

dannycrensh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hypro makes good pumps.. what are you mowing with and how much chemical are you planning to carry with you while mowing? :smile:KennyV

I am mowing with a Dixon, (older model), I would like to carry at least 5 gallons with me. Ideas?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
This most likely should have been a NEW post about portable spot sprayers... as it may be lost tucked into this unrelated thread...
Feel free to start a new one asking this question... But since we are already here, I will agree with mullins... Small hand pump sprayers could do what you want...
And since you are using an older Dixon with limited space... Maybe a pair of small tanks would let you have one on the left and one on the right side... :smile:KennyV

mystreba

Threads
Am I the only one who thought of combining the mower/sprayer thread with the deck wash thread? Think about it.....

Murry Furry

Threads
If you can find some enjoyment in what you are doing it's easy to overlook some discomfort...
Just focus on the end result of what you are doing and you'll get through almost anything... :smile:KennyV
little past do to point out, but it's late, and i couldn't agree more:smile: