Test drove two Ariens Razor mowers. Model with Ariens 159cc seems easier to handle

slopedlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Test drove two Ariens Razor mowers. Model with Ariens 159cc seems easier to handle
Hi. Looking for SP mower to replace old MTD pusher. Lawn in just a bit over 1/4 acre, but sloped, with a steep hill/swale in the back. Also trees to maneuver around. Did not like the thumb controls on the Hondas. Tried out at local dealer two Ariens razors. 1 with 159cc Ariens (Lorcin?) motor and another with Subaru 175cc. Like the ease with which Ariens back up after drive released. The one with the 159cc engine seemed a bit lighter, easier to maneuver, and easier to control with trigger when in drive. The one with the Subaru motor not only felt heavier, but jumped out like a bat out of hell when the trigger was depressed. Maybe too powerful? Ariens dealer had a nearby hill at least as steep as the one in my yard; both mowers took it in stride. Are my observations correct? Is 159cc mower better for me?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Test drove two Ariens Razor mowers. Model with Ariens 159cc seems easier to handle
The more power, the better. The quality of cut will be better.

Maybe the one with the Subaru needs adjustments. The belt is still new also so it might need to be breaken in.