Tecumseh vertical engine

Tecumseh built the best snowblower engine ever made. There is no better engine than the "Snowking". Tecumseh did not go out of business due to engine quality, but due to not being able to last through the last economic downturn. I expect to see "Tecumseh" engines coming back in the next few years, as a company has purchased a vast majority of the dies and equipment from the bankrupt company.

I still my 1990 snowblower with the 10HP snowking engine and i always use 10w30 synthetic oil.
 
I have the 10hp Tecumseh Snow King on my 1995 MTD snow blower and it runs like a champ. Always starts on the first or second pull, even after summer storage. I also have a Tecumseh HH120 (12hp) in my 1967 Sears SS12 which also runs great. It says 12hp, but man can that tractor pull..:smile:
Bruce
 
The correct replacement carb for the model number is Tecumseh part number 632991. Jacks Small Engine has them for just over $100.00
 
The correct replacement carb for the model number is Tecumseh part number 632991. Jacks Small Engine has them for just over $100.00

Thanks. Do you know of a complete rebuild kit with welch plugs? See the photo of a 632991.......this is NOT the carb. on this tecumseh.
The left photo is the one on it now....Do you think it has been changed?
 

Attachments

  • 632991.JPG
    632991.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMGP0032-001.jpg
    IMGP0032-001.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
If I have not screwed up the rebuild kit for carb #632991 is #632347. Your can take the carb number to your local repair shop and have them verify it or if ordering online give them a call first.
 
If I have not screwed up the rebuild kit for carb #632991 is #632347. Your can take the carb number to your local repair shop and have them verify it or if ordering online give them a call first.

I received the 640078A carb. and I installed it. The engine runs real well with it on, but the choke is wrong and idle adjustment screw is fixed!
Snowblower????
The old carb. will go to the shop for a clean out. It should work after that. :cool:
 
well for you guys that like Tecumseh engines i wish you would come over i have 15 of them sitting around all need carbs and who wants to put a 90 dollar carb on a 30 dollar mower come get them lol

Obviously, the Tecumseh weakness, other than neglect, is the carburetors..
ethanol
neglect
I do both, admittedly, so now I am running a Predator OHV (Horror Freight).
What I need now is an affordable rebuild kit...
 
Did you clean the small idle jet under thke black plastic cover on the side off the carb. This jet is extremely small on the end and if plugged, that will cause your problem.

Rivets,
The 640078A carb. I got did have the small BLACK plastic cover. This carb. is new and runs very well (the complete engine runs well, no smoke!),
BUT it have no adjustments and the top of the choke is for a snowblower:ashamed:. The old one (632347) will have to be rebuilt after a shop cleaning.
I don't have a sonic cleaner. I think the welch plugs need to be removed at the time of cleaning.
Thanks for your help.
LB Reno, NV
 
Back
Top