tecumseh ohv165 engine surges, misses, backfires

jmarka

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 20 year old Weedeater brand riding mower with a Tecumseh OHV165 engine. It has the Series 7 carburetor I believe. It surges, misses and backfires. And, I notice what I think is the governor arm moving back and forth. The carburetor is clean, good fuel filter, etc. I think there may a problem with the governor. Any advice? Thanks.

Mikel1

Threads
Sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. The governor is hunting trying to maintain constant speed.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
mrmechanic

You will get banned if you keep putting that link on here. If I was a moderator here I would have already done it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
mrmechanic

You will get banned if you keep putting that link on here. If I was a moderator here I would have already done it.
And even worse as it is very general information and not particularly useful.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep I went through it once and was laughing all the way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep I went through it once and was laughing all the way.

Now that is a bit rude.
It is good information.
basically the same as in the troubleshooting guides in the back of every opertors manual, on every parts suppliers web sites and a lot of forums.
Which most have trouble following which is why this site exists.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now that is a bit rude.
It is good information.
basically the same as in the troubleshooting guides in the back of every opertors manual, on every parts suppliers web sites and a lot of forums.
Which most have trouble following which is why this site exists.

I kind of lost my patients with him after reading a post he posted to. I am over it now but still want him to stop.