Tecumseh H50 straight shaft conversion

pishta

Forum Newbie
Threads
H50-65565T off a generator with a bad generator head. Trying to convert to a mini bike motor with a straight 3/4 shaft. Can I get any H50 3/4 straight crank ( H50-65093F @ $39 on ebay used) ? I looked a a B&S crank and the flywheel taper is way different. I also looked at an OHH50 crank and it was much smaller. Its a super low hour motor and I would love to save it, it still had clean oil in it and the generator head barely had any brush wear.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
I don't believe the crank from the 65093F will work in your engine. Your engine shows to have solid state ignition and the 65093 shows having a point type ignition under the flywheel. That difference will more than likely cause the flywheel side of the crank to be different in diameter, taper or both as they used different flywheels. If you can find a newer H50 crank that came off an engine with solid state ignition, you will probably be good to go.

Both specs you listed show using the same connecting rod and pto seal so all of that would have been good. It's the flywheel end that will likely be an issue.

pishta

Forum Newbie
Threads
What if I just got a 7/8 to 1" slip on adapter and filled the tapered end with lead to make it solid? Cut a keyway with a angle grinder and dremel, and drill down into the tapered end and tap it for the end bolt? That would be $11 in parts. Just thinking out loud before I buy a brand new $120 212cc motor off amazon. Heck, its just a comet clutch drive gear, I could probably mount it on a bench, start it up and grind the rotating shaft down 1/16 with a flap wheel to make it a rough 3/4 and then file finish to mount the drive clutch. A little wobble wont hurt a variable belt drive.