Take Care Of Your Stuff!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I am a strong believer in taking care in my stuff, especially electricals and gardening equipment.

Today, we live in a world that uses something non stop with no maintenance, then when it dies, they blame the brand and buy another one, just to do the same again...

Just to prove that things can last a long time with the right treatment, here is my 1980 Electrolux 502S 500-Watt Vacuum Cleaner, in near mint condition.

DSCI0012-1.jpg

Heck, this thing is in much better condition than the 1994 Hoover Turbopower I picked up at the dump last February, despite being 14 years older...

In case you're wondering, the Hoover Turbopower works perfectly, and was simply put in the dump, where it would have been crushed if I hadn't taken it, because it was getting old, and takes bags.

Some people these days! A perfectly working cleaner, and just because it is getting a bit older, it gets dumped, not sold or given away, dumped.

I got this for free from a lady about two weeks ago who had bought herself a new cleaner, and wanted her old one to go to a good home.

She had bought it new, and kept it going in immaculate condition until giving it to me.

So guys, keep your equipment in good condition, and you will save a lot of money! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I take care of everything we have, it pays off because most of the older items were made better than todays slapped together, built-as-cheap-as-possible junk is. Does this car look nine years old?

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 24

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice scope in the background, is it a Celestron refractor...90mm? Cannot see much of the scope itself so taking an educated guess.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Nice scope in the background, is it a Celestron refractor...90mm? Cannot see much of the scope itself so taking an educated guess.
Nope, it is a Skylux, and it has been a long day, so don't ask me for MM readings :laughing:

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Thats why i like buying old tractors and stuff from flea markets/thrift stores- first off i recycle( saves stuff from going to the scrap yard), then reuse it and help people as well.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, thanks for sharing jmurray. The vacuum looks great!

Ariena

Threads
I like to take care of my stuff.
My play car is 48 years old.

image-3045331490.png

Ariena

Threads
I bought the bug 12 years ago when it was red.
True story, it was driven by a little old lady since she bought it new in 1964.
I swapped the engine to a Boxster type, and still have the original engine. This is what is in it now.

image-667095467.png

Sammy the Red

Threads
I had a early 1950's Electrolux that I used at my old place up until I moved 6 years ago.
Had water get on it, motor was froze so I tossed it last year.