Tachometer Suggestion?

dahyippur

Threads
Just got a yth18542 practically brand new! I see there is an hour meter that snaps in easily, anyone that has a tachometer function?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do a google search “small engine hour meter”. You’ll come up with many types, depending on your needs and price range.

Dave in MD

Threads
Just got a yth18542 practically brand new! I see there is an hour meter that snaps in easily, anyone that has a tachometer function?
A lot of the marine gauges have the small snap in configuration. Just read carefully.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Other than for test purposes a tachometer for a rider is useless. Now an hour meter is useful. If watching the tachometer you wife's flowers are not going to survive then you won't like it.

Dave in MD

Threads
Other than for test purposes a tachometer for a rider is useless. Now an hour meter is useful. If watching the tachometer you wife's flowers are not going to survive then you won't like it.
I agree, I use a temporary one to verify idle and full speeds. But the gentleman asked, Ammeter and hour meter for me, I did replace my hour meter with a marine version as the factory one wasn't sealed and condensation made it unreadable. I need it to know when to return for more fuel as well as for normal maintenance.