T3000, Mower deck height and maybe a safety stop?

tanner9595

Threads
I cut not only lawn, but field surfaces and need to have my mower deck adjusted high. I've noticed on the bottom of the tractor frame a 6 inch long piece of metal bolted to the frame that extends down ward just above the mower deck, which, I think acts as a deck stop so the deck can not go any higher. The manual does not show this piece of metal. Can anybody tell me if I'm correct or is it just some piece of metal used in shipping that no longer provides any function?

I want to raise my mower deck as high as it will go safely, but this plate is now in the way.

Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I cut not only lawn, but field surfaces and need to have my mower deck adjusted high. I've noticed on the bottom of the tractor frame a 6 inch long piece of metal bolted to the frame that extends down ward just above the mower deck, which, I think acts as a deck stop so the deck can not go any higher. The manual does not show this piece of metal. Can anybody tell me if I'm correct or is it just some piece of metal used in shipping that no longer provides any function?

I want to raise my mower deck as high as it will go safely, but this plate is now in the way.

Thanks
Before removing it, make sure it is not attached to anything on inside of frame rail.

tanner9595

Threads
It appears to be on it own, all the more reluctant to remove.

Pierre11

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / T3000, Mower deck height and maybe a safety stop?
Yeah maintaining a large lawn can be very boring and tiring job. For this you need right equipment so your task gets done quickly. I have Honda lawn mower which is quite easy to use and does the work in fraction of time.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes it is the deck stop.

You could try cutting say 1/2 off the end and see how that goes, but it is there for a good reason.
While on your shop floor it might look like ther is a ton of clearance in opperation with the deck swinging a little left right & anti scalp wheels tossing the deck up & down, oft at different heights left to right. the pulleys & belts can easily get tangled up in each other.
The othger problem is with belt alignment & retention.
The belt is designed to run below the drive pulley .
the higher the deck gets the closer to in line the pulleys become , the shorter the run between them becomes and the easier for the belt to jump off

tanner9595

Threads
Yes it is the deck stop.

You could try cutting say 1/2 off the end and see how that goes, but it is there for a good reason.
While on your shop floor it might look like ther is a ton of clearance in opperation with the deck swinging a little left right & anti scalp wheels tossing the deck up & down, oft at different heights left to right. the pulleys & belts can easily get tangled up in each other.
The othger problem is with belt alignment & retention.
The belt is designed to run below the drive pulley .
the higher the deck gets the closer to in line the pulleys become , the shorter the run between them becomes and the easier for the belt to jump off

I have a tendency to think the same, unknowing for sure can make things difficult when operating. For now, I keep things as they are.