T1670 deck belt

man00

Threads
44" deck, I noticed the blade slow or stop when going over grass rows or anything over three inches tall.
With engine stopped and blades engaged looks like there 5" of slack in the belt. Is it possible that the belt has stretched
that much?...Belt has never jumped off or anything but trying to mow at 2.5" even in light grass will slow the blades

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if the belt tensioner arm is operating properly. Look for arm moving free and the tensioner spring is providing pressure on the belt.

man00

Threads
Check to see if the belt tensioner arm is operating properly. Look for arm moving free and the tensioner spring is providing pressure on the belt.
I adjusted the tensioner that the cable is very tight ..still lots of slack in belt and the arm is moving free
I may adjust the tensioner back a little to prevent the cable from breaking

Tried_it

Forum Newbie
Threads
44" deck, I noticed the blade slow or stop when going over grass rows or anything over three inches tall.
With engine stopped and blades engaged looks like there 5" of slack in the belt. Is it possible that the belt has stretched
that much?...Belt has never jumped off or anything but trying to mow at 2.5" even in light grass will slow the blades
My Scag 60" Turf Tiger was doing this so I replaced deck belt and ordered another tension spring. Seems to have resolved my issue until I hit a tree stump and shredded the new belt. Ordered another deck belt online.
*Find a online deck belt routing diagram and make sure it's routed correct for your machine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When properly tensioned & routed you should be able to make the engine turn over by moving the blades .
Make sure the plug leads are off & wear gloves

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
When properly tensioned & routed you should be able to make the engine turn over by moving the blades .
Make sure the plug leads are off & wear gloves
Belts don’t stretch 5”. Tensioner pulley probably not making full travel. Remove debris, lubricate and work tensioner arm back and forth.