synthetic oil

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Annual oil changes??

I change all my engine oils once a year... On my cars, truck, tractors and mowers.
Using a good synthetic I have all the additives to last a year or more but to make it easy they all get changed once a year. :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I change all my engine oils once a year... On my cars, truck, tractors and mowers.
Using a good synthetic I have all the additives to last a year or more but to make it easy they all get changed once a year. :smile:KennyV

Ugh! I used Mobil 1 in all my mowers and I change every 25 hours, oil and filters. I changed to Mobil 5000 10w30 but I still change every 25Hours.:smile:

Pete.S

Threads
I have always used synthetic in air cooled engines... they need all the help they can get.
And I switched from Mobil1 last year to Rotella T Synthetic T6... Great stuff and I use it in all my engines With annual oil changes. ... KennyV

I checked out our local supply of Shell Rotella T6 and all I can find is 10w 40. The Kohler book is kinda specific on using a 30 weight oil. In your opinion will the 40 weight Rotella make a difference?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have one Kohler engine and friends with several... we all run Rotella T6, and have for some time... It is in all my diesel engines and my gasoline cars... yes in my opinion Rotella T6 will make a difference a positive difference... :smile:KennyV

Rotella T6 is 5w-40 not 10w-40...

sss

Threads
i use full synthetic sae-30 on my biggs and stratton engine (recomended) and that works a treat far smoother running than i got from non synthetic this needs to be changed once a year:smile:

benski

Threads
I've had great luck using Amsoil synthetic in all of my 4 stroke lawn care rolling stock, specifically their product code ASE, which stands for Amsoil Small Engine. Once a year oil changes work for me as well, typically at the end of the season. If I run a mower for an hour a week, it is still less than 53 hours of run time annually. That's still conservative in my book. I do check the oil level before every use, that's cheap insurance.:biggrin:

Pete.S

Threads
I have one Kohler engine and friends with several... we all run Rotella T6, and have for some time... It is in all my diesel engines and my gasoline cars... yes in my opinion Rotella T6 will make a difference a positive difference... :smile:KennyV

Rotella T6 is 5w-40 not 10w-40...
Thanx Kenny, I will follow your lead. I'll head to Wally World and buy the 5 quart jug.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...I'll head to Wally World and buy the 5 quart jug.

That is the place to get it ... BUT it's a 4 quart... not 5 Quart. Bright blue jug, cant miss it... You will like this oil... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• RotellaT6.jpg
    RotellaT6.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 19

Black Bart

Threads
That is the place to get it ... BUT it's a 4 quart... not 5 Quart. Bright blue jug, cant miss it... You will like this oil... :smile:KennyV

Rotella is not good before retiring I was in the trucking business and I used it in my fleet.
I could only get a little over a million miles out of an engine before rebuilding it. :laughing:

jakesmurray

Threads
I use Wal-Mart brand Super Tech 10w-30 Full Synthetic oil in both my mowers, and I have never had problems.