Engine Synthetic Oil Use

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Yes I Agree with you 100%. For some reason you will find a lot of people on this forum who don't. They will tell you that its a waste of money. I use it in everything but my camp mower.

I use synthetic in some of my equipment and cars, but sometimes I just co with classic conventional.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
If you have a high dollar motor, engine or gear case, it is well worth it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Synthetic is the superior lubricate in every way possible for an engine and gear case, besides also increased HP and torque, and yes, reduced fuel consumption by a reduction in friction.

Your talking about synthetic being a superior oil. People talk about this one being better than this one when in fact there's not a whole lot of difference between them. Mobil1, Amsoil, Valvoline SynPower and other synthetic motor oils all have to meet and exceed the same specifications to get that API Logo. The only thing that makes one better than the other are the company's claims and that's all they are is claims.
You Talk about increased HP and torque, and yes, reduced fuel consumption, what kind of increase or reduction are you going to get on any of those when your talking about a lawnmower engine, even with a car there minimal at best. Use The oil you want, synthetic or conventional and change it and the oil filter every 50 hrs and you'll be good to go.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
When I changed the oil in my Deere a couple months ago, I went with Mobil 1. I believe in synthetic, plus I had it on hand. Win-win.

Exracer

Threads
I work at a golf course and have used Mobil 1 since 1996 in my personal car and truck and the EZ-GO carts. I know Pro-Stock drag racers use it and have lowered their ET.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Synthetic Amsoil oil you don't have to change as often so the cost is about the same as standard oil.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you check the ratings for example on Mobil Super 5000 10w30 you'll find them to be ILSAC GF-5 API SN,SM,and SL the same ratings for there High Mileage oil and there Advanced Full Synthetic. They all meet the same standards. Buy what ever your comfortable using.

Dave1954

Threads
If you check the ratings for example on Mobil Super 5000 10w30 you'll find them to be ILSAC GF-5 API SN,SM,and SL the same ratings for there High Mileage oil and there Advanced Full Synthetic. They all meet the same standards. Buy what ever your comfortable using.

I would not use any high mileage oil in anything unless it was leaking oil as they have additives to swell seals and stop leaks in automotive applications. However using a good full synthetic oil has been proven countless times to reduce friction, run cooler and protect better, all these things are even more crucial for a air cooled motor designed to run at full throttle for extended periods of time. Conventional oil will do the job for sure but IMO it's worth the few extra dollars to reap the benefits of synthetic in my machines.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Synthetic Amsoil oil you don't have to change as often so the cost is about the same as standard oil.

Synthetic or synthetic blended oils are not intended to extend oil change intervals. As far as assisting with gas mileage and HP, maybe in a car but I don't see it in or for a lawnmower application. It really doesn't matter what oil you use you should not extend service intervals beyond what the manufacturer recommends, especially in a lawn-mower under the conditions that it runs in, it needs changing more often.