Sx95 starting issue

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Have you asked your "friend" if he remembers removing a purple wire from somewhere?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
the only thing i can say for sure is that the wire definitely doesn't go to the starter solenoid ( or at least to the starter mounted solenoid), i got the Part number for the solenoid and looked at a picture of it, and the only small connectors it's got are flat blades, not round ones.
this is as close to wiring diagram as i can find, funny how they all show that frame mounted solenoid in them. but everywhere i read, purple wire is a ground to the frame mounted solenoid....
t1940.gif
1623078696693.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
JD has wiring harness above but then they indicates a solenoid shift starter.

About the only way to know what is going here is to have a copy of the service manual and the mower's serial number.

Joed756

Threads
Look closely at the gold starter, the small cylinder on top is the solenoid. Look closely at the solenoid in the photo and you will see a stab connector between the two threaded posts. Connect your purple-covered wire to that stab connector, start your motor and slap yourself on the back.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Look closely at the gold starter, the small cylinder on top is the solenoid. Look closely at the solenoid in the photo and you will see a stab connector between the two threaded posts. Connect your purple-covered wire to that stab connector, start your motor and slap yourself on the back.
The connector he has is round, the tab on the solenoid is a blade.
That's my interpretation of it.

enigma-2

Threads
Maybe the schmatic may help,

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6