sx95 charging issue

ljanssen1

Forum Newbie
I have just received a new to me John Deere sx95 riding lawn mower it has an issue of not charging the battery, was told it needs a regulator
or rectifier, the question which is it, I am told it is based on serial number but numbers I have pulled off of unit do not correspond to anything
that is in parts catalog.
where do I need to look? for correct information.
 
According to JD part site, here are the part numbers for the SX95
RECTIFIER = PT11191
VOLTAGE REGULATOR = M76939
 
I was told one number uses a rectifier, while the other number uses the regulator, that is what I am trying to figure out.
My engine number is FB46ov347757 while my serial number on the mower is m0sx95x010978
 
Regulator/rectifier, just snipping on details. The voltage off of the alt is A/C, so it needs "rectifying" to d/c, for the mower circuits., also needs to be "regulated" to feed back to a 12 volt battery system.

Here is a blowup of a very close Kawasaki engine, we would need to find the exact numbers off of a tag on the engine to be sure
of parts/numbers.

buykawpower.com
 
Back
Top