Switching engines; kohler 15s w/sep fuel pump to kohler w/cab pump

kchris2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Switching engines; kohler 15s w/sep fuel pump to kohler w/cab pump
I'm sorry, I didn't make that clear. I was wondering what kind of chemical should I use?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
carb cleaner...its designed to dissolve build up..if you can get it in a bottle...that would help...but the spray cans are invaluable:thumbsup:

kchris2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I swapped the engines and the new/used engine runs good. I wanted to know if it is ok to just use the stock carburetor bowl and do away with the fuel shut down solenoid? Would it flood the engine with gas? I am planning on mounting a front gas tank so that it will be gravity fed. It looks like I will have to buy one or try to repair the one that I have. There is a small crack at the nipple. Do you have any advice on repairing or should I just buy a new one?
Thanks

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Gravity feed - make sure you put a fuel shut off in line before the carb - natural gravity and ethanol will ruin the carb and fill the crankcase with gasoline .
Idle down before shutting off the motor to avoid gas detonation .

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
you can buy the bowls separate......i would replace the nipple ,but ive used a strip of electrical tape in the past with success.....a fuel valve is a must

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You said in the beginning that the new engine has a fuel pump built into the carburetor, I have ran across this. Both type of fuel pumps run off of vacuum no wires. Ether fuel pump will do the same job.. As said the wire going to the carburetors for a shut off valve

kchris2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys, here's a question that maybe reynoldston can answer. The original kohler had a mechanical fuel pump. I would like to hook up a "pulse type" pump. I actually have one laying around that I could use. The question is; where can I get that "Pulse" that I need for it to pump? I read that on four strokes that it is usually at the intake? Is there a easy way to get this?

thanks