Swisher 24hp 54" ZT2454A

CZLawnCare

Threads
I have the opportunity to sell my 07, 42" x304 with 122 hrs for $3800 and buy a 54" swisher ZY2454A with a 24 hp briggs motor. What do yiu guys think of the swisher? Any experiences with these machines? Would you guys do the trade?
Thanks,
Chris

CZLawnCare

Threads
I forgot to add a picture and mention that the swisher is unused!

Attachments

• image-1765936583.jpg
    image-1765936583.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 35

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have the opportunity to sell my 07, 42" x304 with 122 hrs for $3800 and buy a 54" swisher ZY2454A with a 24 hp briggs motor. What do yiu guys think of the swisher? Any experiences with these machines? Would you guys do the trade?
Thanks,
Chris

I've never had any experiences with the machines but theyæ±*e built by Swisher, here in the USA which is family operated business and they have been making the lawn mowers for over 60 years. Its probably not the quality of say the Toro or Exmark but I'd say if you wanted a ZTR and depending on the price of the swisher I'd say go for it. According to the searches the mower new is running about $4500 new.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The swisher is $1800

I beg to differ on that price as my local Home depot sells this exact model for $4599(the Swisher website shows $4799). The turn-off to me, on this mower is the 11 gauge deck(not chain hung), lack of rear engine guard(only a bumper), no "details" about the hydrostatic trannies(but I can only assume "unserviceable" EZT trannies at 6mph) and the fact that on their website they claim "All Swisher Brand products, Zero Turn Mowers (we invented the Zero Turn Concept)". To the best of my knowledge Dixon held the first patent on a "zero turn device". All of the features I mentioned do not seem to be consistent with what you get on other brand ZTR's for close to $5K.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I beg to differ on that price as my local Home depot sells this exact model for $4599(the Swisher website shows $4799). The turn-off to me, on this mower is the 11 gauge deck(not chain hung), lack of rear engine guard(only a bumper), no "details" about the hydrostatic trannies(but I can only assume "unserviceable" EZT trannies at 6mph) and the fact that on their website they claim "All Swisher Brand products, Zero Turn Mowers (we invented the Zero Turn Concept)". To the best of my knowledge Dixon held the first patent on a "zero turn device". All of the features I mentioned do not seem to be consistent with what you get on other brand ZTR's for close to $5K.

The only thing I can come up with about the Hydro is the write up for HD and it say they are commercial grade transmission what ever that means.:rolleyes:
Like I said its not the quality of say the Toro or Exmark and I agree with you it's not consistent with what you get on other brand ZTR's for close to $5K but If he's buying it for $1800, would you think it's a bad price.
It seems to run along the lines as the rest of the mowers from Home Depot like the Stanley.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only thing I can come up with about the Hydro is the write up for HD and it say they are commercial grade transmission what ever that means.:rolleyes:
Like I said its not the quality of say the Toro or Exmark and I agree with you it's not consistent with what you get on other brand ZTR's for close to $5K but If he's buying it for $1800, would you think it's a bad price.
It seems to run along the lines as the rest of the mowers from Home Depot like the Stanley.

Oooops, my bad.....I didn't realize that the $1,800 comment was the OP!! I definitely think $1800 for that ZTR is a good deal!!! Of course if he means $1800 PLUS the $3800 he got for his x304 that's a different story.

P.S.
I don't even buy Stanley "tools", so I would be reluctant to buy their ZTR's:0)

CZLawnCare

Threads
No its 1800 and i keep the 2000 left over from the x304. Do you think it could pull my utility trailer with mowers?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
No its 1800 and i keep the 2000 left over from the x304. Do you think it could pull my utility trailer with mowers?

Well, you definitely made out like a bandit on that deal and that mower is "well worth" that much(at least as good as a $3,000 residential ZTR). Do you know how much the utility trailer weighs(how long/wide is it)?

Threads
Well, you definitely made out like a bandit on that deal and that mower is "well worth" that much(at least as good as a $3,000 residential ZTR). Do you know how much the utility trailer weighs(how long/wide is it)?

And what exactly will you be pulling? Push mowers vs. your other ZTR will make a big difference!