Sudden change

fluf737

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 281223BVE, when I have the brake pressed all the way down, it runs and idles fine,then when I start to release the brake,it runs as if it has the choke on,it pops and hardly will run. This happened suddenly,worked one day and not the next.Its like it has a switch,or some kind of sensor connected to the brake.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by cleaning the carb. When you release the clutch the engine is put under load which switches the carb from the idle circuit to the high speed circuit. So you most likely have some debris or water in the carb causing problems.

fluf737

Forum Newbie
Threads
Start by cleaning the carb. When you release the clutch the engine is put under load which switches the carb from the idle circuit to the high speed circuit. So you most likely have some debris or water in the carb causing problems.

I purchased a B&S carb rebuild kit yesterday,and will rebuild it today and see if that works. And a new plug and gas filter.

fluf737

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 281223BVE, when I have the brake pressed all the way down, it runs and idles fine,then when I start to release the brake,it runs as if it has the choke on,it pops and hardly will run. This happened suddenly,worked one day and not the next.Its like it has a switch,or some kind of sensor connected to the brake.

It turned out to be the engine module.