Striping -- I don't get it!

fsagames

Member
What's with lawn striping? It looks stupid and to be a waste of time to me. I can't imaging that people would pay any extra to have their lawn striped, would they?
 
I agree with you I don't get it either, but you've got all kinds out there. The only place that stripping looks good is on a ball field.
 
Whats the point? Unless u have a "perfect" property.. Then its ok. Drove by somebody that had stripes on the lawn, but the rest of the place looked like crap, I dont get the point..
Yes u can get it for most mowers now, but its still expensive! Atleast in norway.
Dont watch fotball, so dont know..lol.

Bjørn Marken
[email protected]
www.hagehjelperen.net
 
I like striping when it's done with a small mower under 30 inch. But like has been said the rest of the yard needs to fit in

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Many years ago I worked in the golf course turf industry. With a "bent" type of turf verses a Fescue, as the rollers (on the reel mowers) roll across the turf, it lays the blades of the grass down in the direction you are mowing. So if you mow one direction, then the oppisite direction, you achieve your stripes just by the way the light hits the blades of the grass. You can get striping without even trying.
 
Many years ago I worked in the golf course turf industry. With a "bent" type of turf verses a Fescue, as the rollers (on the reel mowers) roll across the turf, it lays the blades of the grass down in the direction you are mowing. So if you mow one direction, then the oppisite direction, you achieve your stripes just by the way the light hits the blades of the grass. You can get striping without even trying.

Exactly, and on push mowers that have the guard in the back, that will help bend the grass and create a stripe, but if you have a stripe roller it is more defined.
 
Back
Top