Attachments Striper bar not level in up postion on turf tiger

Bobby Boyd

Threads
I have attached a pic showing my striper roller attachment on rear of turf tiger. As one can see it is not level with the orange sway bar that it is attached to. This makes the right side lower to the floor (ground) than it should be (my index finger will not go under right roller). I have removed the striper roller attachment (only 2 cotter keys holding it on) and have looked it over and see no reason for this. The two pieces that this feature attaches to appear to be in alignment.

Anyone else have striper roller attachment for comparison?

Thanks much for your help. Like the forum.

-bobby

Attachments

• IMGP2321.jpg
    IMGP2321.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 30

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Bobby,
Judging by your pic it looks like the bar that the rollers are on is bent, but pics can be deceiving. I've never seen a striping roller but it looks like a fairly simple and straightforward device. It appears to be spring loaded in the down direction. Check out this link: SCAG POWER EQUIPMENT - TIGER STRIPER™ - LAWN STRIPING SYSTEM.
If your striper is a Scag then the operators/parts manual is avaliable at the scag site in the manuals section.
Mad Mackie in CT

Last edited:

Bobby Boyd

Threads
I took the striper roller off and it didn't appear bent to me. I place a yard stick on top of it and it looked level. Rollers were level on my work bench.

-bobby

Bobby Boyd

Threads
I can also lift up on the right side and place the roller bar in a level position.

-bobby

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to the Scag site, click on manuals on lower left, the stripers are last in the manuals section. Maybe there is a broken or out of adjustment spring.
The only lawns smooth enough for a striper here in CT are purely a picture in one's imagination!!!!:smile::smile:
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::smile::laughing: