Stranger things have happened, right?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought I'd start a thread on strange things that happen. From the 10mm socket that grew legs, to things that didn't go back on the same way they come off. Rare stuff, ya know.

I pretty sure I'm not the only one this happens to.

I'll start with this darn Champion generator.
I've replaced the recoil a few months ago. As some of you may remember, I was having a dickens of a time with the governor gear. Anyways, I finally got another one, and installed it right this time (I hope). Putting everything back together and getting the recoil back on, just for grins, I pulled the cord. And it wouldn't budge. So I grinded down the screws that were catching the flywheel fan. Still won't budge. Grind it down again. Still nothing. So, I put some washers between the cover and the block. And it just barely misses the fan.
LOL. This has never been an issue from the time I first installed it, until now. No one stepped on it, put anything heavy on it.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
About like the time I put some real pretty bolts in the intake on my small block Chevy I was building. A little bit two long, bent a couple pushrods and barely made it home on the test run.

logert gogert

Threads
About like the time I put some real pretty bolts in the intake on my small block Chevy I was building. A little bit two long, bent a couple pushrods and barely made it home on the test run.
oof........

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back when gas was like $4 gallon, I come up with a great idea to put gas in the yellow can and diesel in the red. So if anyone stole it, they'd mess something up.
Well, my neighbor, was a close friend, called me while I was out of town, and ask if he could borrow some gas to finish mowing his lawn. I said sure. No problem. About 5 minutes after hanging up, I remembered the gas can swap.
I bet I called him 30 times in 5 minutes, but no answer.
Until his engine stopped running, then he called me.
And we all know what happens after that.

Luckily it was gas tank under the hood, and not under the seat.