Still blower

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Me and my helper think the same thing. I understand the specs. Like I said, the difference is with the volume.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And on the subject of BR 600's it is a good idea to remove the impellar once every season as they rust on solid if you don't
Out of the 5 I have repaired we ended having to cut 4 impellars off which at $ 90 ( AUS ) a piece becomes very expensive.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Me and my helper think the same thing. I understand the specs. Like I said, the difference is with the volume.

Your not feeling volume, your feeling velocity. That's the reason you feel the difference because you don't have the velocity in the 430 that you have in the 600.

Think about this the BR 200 has an air volume of 406 cfm @ 132 mph, that's 94 cfm difference between the 200 and the 430 and 51mph difference in velocity so which in reality is closer spec's to your 430 than the 600 so if your feeling volume you shouldn't feel much difference between the 200 and your 430.

Last edited:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
And on the subject of BR 600's it is a good idea to remove the impellar once every season as they rust on solid if you don't
Out of the 5 I have repaired we ended having to cut 4 impellars off which at $ 90 ( AUS ) a piece becomes very expensive.

I have never heard about this. Why in the first place would you need to remove the impellar?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ahh ok. Well if you need to get the engine off, something vey bad happened.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd rather buy a new blower. If it lasted me five years and the engine needs to be pulled off, probably cheaper to buy a new one on the long run.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'd rather buy a new blower. If it lasted me five years and the engine needs to be pulled off, probably cheaper to buy a new one on the long run.

That is fine but down here they are 2 to 3 time the USA price and generally not a stocked item.
The oil sels on the crank need replacing every few years or they start leaking oil, very messy if on your back.
You also need to remove the motor to clean the space between the motor & the impellar housing and when cleaning the cooling fins or all the crap ends up between the motor & the impellar housing.
I rebuild a few every season.
Piston & ring replacement goes about $ 200 a lot cheaper than a new blower, even if it only ends up as the occasional use spare.