Stihl or Echo

Stihl Or Echo

• Total voters

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm no expert on small engine repairs but the all have the same components and ease of maintenance.

Actually the Stihl units are easier to work on than the Echo's. All the carburetor adjustments on the stihls can be done with regular screwdrivers and you need special tools to work on echos the last I knew.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Actually the Stihl units are easier to work on than the Echo's. All the carburetor adjustments on the stihls can be done with regular screwdrivers and you need special tools to work on echos the last I knew.

My pb 500 blower is a pain compared to other units I work on an as far as the carb goes echos are non adjustable as far as I know an stihl now requires a special tool

LoCo86

Threads
Echo first its the only of the two ive used and second I've never needed anything else bought all mind from home depot and have no issues I have the 225 trimmer and edger its more than enough power starts every time parts are easy to find. I've used all the commercial echo equipment trimmer, edger, blower, back pack blower , hedge trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw of all ages and never had any real issues beyond the stuff that comes from using it 8 hrs a day 5 days a week .

I run nothing but Stihl equipment it's all live ever really used and never had any trouble with it. I did use my dad's Echo SRM 225 the other day and though it felt light than my Stihl it is way under powered for me. I mow his yard once a week and I had trouble cutting with it. It ran and cut great on the small thin stuff but when you got into anything that was remotely thick grass it would bog down and bounce around a little. I guess it's cause I'm used to my Stihl just powering through it with out have to whittle the grass down to the desired height. But to be fair I use a Stihl FS 130 to trim with and it is plenty of power to trim weekly with or use on fence rows that are cut 3 times a year.

Nwatson99

Threads
Stihl all the way, trust and gladly take German and American engineering, design, and fabrication over china anytime.

Bad confusion, sorry Echo is a Japan company not china.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stihl all the way, trust and gladly take German and American engineering, design, and fabrication over china anytime.

Question, where do you get China from?