STIHL not standing by their product

slimbo

Threads
:mad:comes back looking for the pic of the saw:thumbdown:

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Wow this is to funny people are really quite dumb. I have a 1989 jeep blow a head gasket last year according to this guy I should have cried to the dealer and demanded that they fixed it. Jeep should build quality products and should have lifetime warranty on everything I can so to the "no I never over heated the thing."

No I replaced the gasket and dealt with the bad radiator.

This is ridiculous he used it 15 times in 2.5 years assuming he used it an hr at a time 15 hours so for 21900 hours it sat somewhere getting dusty and he thinks he should be the exception to the limited warranty why? Why is he so special more than likely it was his fault and he should just get over it

You may be in luck. Maybe cba7225 owns a Jeep dealership and he will repair you blown head gasket under warranty. I suspect that if he demands a lifetime warranty from an entry level, domestic use chainsaw that he must offer a lifetime warranty on his product!

cba7225: BTW where are the photos you promised us all? The longer it takes for you to post them the worse the rat starts to smell. Badmouthing 101... have the facts and evidence to back you mouth!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It just seems like no one is on your side. Yes for sure Stihl should give you a break on this. I just don't understand why the it cost more to fix the saw then to buy a new one? If the crankcase is cracked they should be able tell the different between it getting hit and a defect and if so why shouldn't Stihl stand in back of its product. Just maybe you should try a different dealer?

slimbo

Threads
:laughing: the way the cry baby is acting here ,,,,,wonder how he treated dealer and stihl

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It just seems like no one is on your side. Yes for sure Stihl should give you a break on this. I just don't understand why the it cost more to fix the saw then to buy a new one? If the crankcase is cracked they should be able tell the different between it getting hit and a defect and if so why shouldn't Stihl stand in back of its product. Just maybe you should try a different dealer?

Naw, I have been open to be on his side... If he would at least put up a pic of the damage, but he has not done so on any of the forums that he has joined...

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If he is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Stihl or the dealer I don't think he will get anywhere on this. Now if it is a true factory defect pictures or not I don't see why Stihl can't give him a break on the repairs. If it cost more to fix then the price of a new saw I can't see the reason to fix it. I would guess also who took the saw apart? I have got cheap chainsaws in my shop and have ran across where parts cost more then a new saw. I hand the saw back to the customer and refuse to fix them. I have three of them chain saws sitting in my salvage scrap pile now and one is a Stihl.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
If he is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Stihl or the dealer I don't think he will get anywhere on this. Now if it is a true factory defect pictures or not I don't see why Stihl can't give him a break on the repairs. If it cost more to fix then the price of a new saw I can't see the reason to fix it. I would guess also who took the saw apart? I have got cheap chainsaws in my shop and have ran across where parts cost more then a new saw. I hand the saw back to the customer and refuse to fix them. I have three of them chain saws sitting in my salvage scrap pile now and one is a Stihl.

Has anyone looked to see if there was a service bulletin or recall? On his

GregGA

Threads
Has anyone looked to see if there was a service bulletin or recall? On his

No Stilhl won't pay and they wouldn't stay in business if they did. BUT:

Unless you have unlimited disposable income, you better get some mechanical skills and a shop manual. My "dealer" Ace
Hardware was talking to a customer with a trimmer that wouldn't start. First thing he said is that a carburetor rebuild would be one hours labor ($75) plus parts. So even on a $250 tool, you start to look at them as disposable if you can't fix them yourself. If the OP doesn't have tools, or skills, or extra money, I can see why when you buy a "name" brand
you expect more. It's not a $100 MTD after all. Yeah, the "names" build lesser quality products, but if the story was as told, I would be PO also.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
No Stilhl won't pay and they wouldn't stay in business if they did. BUT:

Unless you have unlimited disposable income, you better get some mechanical skills and a shop manual. My "dealer" Ace
Hardware was talking to a customer with a trimmer that wouldn't start. First thing he said is that a carburetor rebuild would be one hours labor ($75) plus parts. So even on a $250 tool, you start to look at them as disposable if you can't fix them yourself. If the OP doesn't have tools, or skills, or extra money, I can see why when you buy a "name" brand
you expect more. It's not a $100 MTD after all. Yeah, the "names" build lesser quality products, but if the story was as told, I would be PO also.

Being annoyed and angry is one thing. Expecting stihl to pay for no real reason is another. If his posts were true I would be angry to but I can't expect the world to bow before me....

GregGA

Threads
Being annoyed and angry is one thing. Expecting stihl to pay for no real reason is another. If his posts were true I would be angry to but I can't expect the world to bow before me....

I agree. I didnt' read all of his posts. Now that I have, he needs to get rational.