Stihl FS 38 trimmer mystery!!!!!!!!!!

HarmonySeeker

Threads
But just how does the batteries recharge and how many do needed during the cutting 3000' ft fence line 4'-10' on each side? I usually go through 1 to 2 gallons fuel mix per cutting along multiple refills of trimmer line.
Of course, one size does not fit all.
However, in your case I can imagine small stations with a battery charger and a solar panel on top. Attached to a fence post. Make the station a little bigger and put the whacker line in there, as well. You can walk the whole line without carrying anything with you. free electricity.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The update was a long while back, so it applies to the fs45/fs55. But the newer fs38s are essentially identical, so I was wondering if his new flywheel and coil might be made for the older version. To be honest, the original flywheel and coil likely work just fine.

Attachments

• update.pdf
    341.8 KB · Views: 8

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ahhh I did have the SB for the HL45 along the other models which how it as listed on my system but it didn't reference the FS38. I make a side note for my records. I haven't seen a FS38 but have the FS45 and FS55.

As said I havent but coil problem on Stihl and that was dog damage. Apparently he really hated the blower; I think was the unit but it been 10 yrs ago and so many machines since then.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is a screenshot from the brushcutter menu of the 2012 mediacat. Not sure when they came up with the fs38, but it is the same as the fs45, the only difference I see is the sticker, and a slightly smaller cutting width shield.

snipfs38.PNG

goosemasterkl

Threads
Yeah I checked the key and the spark arrestor and both of them are fine. Alimony I do have a new engine but I stock the parts it's just I hate for something like this to puzzle me. I'm bound and determined to get this trimmer running.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So have you tried putting the old coil and flywheel back on?

goosemasterkl

Threads
Yeah; but still no start; not even tries to hit. So frustrating.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just for the record, if you have it back apart a little, turn the engine to tdc, and see where the magnets are in relation to the coil.