stihl 600 blower

jd37055

Forum Newbie
Threads
This might be more of a rant but it does involve questions.
Blower was losing power then died. Would not restart. Took it to local dealer. He said primer bulb needed to be replaced. I told him to fix that and adjust valves. Calls be back and said it needs a push rod. Ok fine. Then calls me and said someone before them over tightened the nut on the crank, and it broke while getting it off. Why would u remove this to install push rod?? Who would be responsible for replacing the crank? Opinions or suggestions

uphelpsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
This might be more of a rant but it does involve questions.
Blower was losing power then died. Would not restart. Took it to local dealer. He said primer bulb needed to be replaced. I told him to fix that and adjust valves. Calls be back and said it needs a push rod. Ok fine. Then calls me and said someone before them over tightened the nut on the crank, and it broke while getting it off. Why would u remove this to install push rod?? Who would be responsible for replacing the crank? Opinions or suggestions

This is Roger Phelps, promotional communications manager at STIHL. While I don't have an exact answer for you, I would like to put you in touch with the technical services manager for your area who could speak to you about this. Please call 1-800 GO STIHL (467-8445) and select option 2.

jd37055

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is Roger Phelps, promotional communications manager at STIHL. While I don't have an exact answer for you, I would like to put you in touch with the technical services manager for your area who could speak to you about this. Please call 1-800 GO STIHL (467-8445) and select option 2.

Thank you Mr.Phelps. i called a number off stihl website. I spoke with someone from Bryant Equipment which who i reached with the stihl number. He passed along a good deal on a short block. I am thankful he passed on a little savings to me. I am having a hard time spending over $300 on a blower that cost $499. I took a blower in with a small problem and now i have a pile of parts or used blower with a high repair bill that i could put towards a new one.

jd37055

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well so much for getting the right thing done by the dealer or stihl

Exmark fan

Threads
Is the blower still under warranty? And if it needs a short block, it would probably be better to buy a new unit with a warranty and use the old one for spare parts.

jd37055

Forum Newbie
Threads
True its not worth the short block. Just makes me so angry that the dealer broke the blower. Now i have a box of parts and no blower

jd37055

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone else the shaft taking stuff to suposed stihl dealers? Seems like they just do what they want and have no one to answer too. Terrible!!!!!

Exmark fan

Threads
It is true. Not All Stihl dealers are good. There are bad ones out there. But there are bad dealers for every brand.

treeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I get lots of stihl work that first went to the dealer.