Stihl 2stroke oil

tjk6277

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a BG86C and saw that Stihl recommends using their Ultra HP oil. Saw online that the oil has a high flash point and won’t burn completely until 450 degrees. I’m planning on just using the orange bottles instead. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
The silver Stihl 2-stroke oil is synthetic. Prevents carbon build up and better oil and worth the extra money versus the orange bottles.

OldDiyer

Threads
Check with the company you bought saw from because I was looking into the Ultra HP for my 2-cycle equipment and ran across some info that stated if you use the Ultra HP Stihl will extend the warranty for an additional 2 years. This may be also worth the few extra dollars for the oil.

Abbeville

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just no to the Stihl silver bottle. I happen to use Echo Red Armor mixing oil but there are many oils better than the overpriced silver bottle from Stihl. if you want reasons not to use the Stihl oil, just search the internet. I don't have the time to type it all out. I own and use both Stihl and Echo power equipment. More Stihl than Echo machines. Stihl's corporate silliness caused me to switch to Echo.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I own and service both Echo and Stihl and I only use Opti-2 in all my 2-cycle equipment. Never had a single problem and switched all my customers over to it. Definitely cheaper and easier to use than any of the ”brand“ name oils.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any oil that is JASO FD rated will work fine. I run Red Armor in my chainsaws and a generic FD oil in everything else. I have 6 different 2 stroke oils and they all work fine. I find the stihl synthetic clogs spark arrestors more than any other oil unless the equipment is run hard and hot.