step on mower deck

boston

Threads
I always wondered is it bad to step on the mower deck of a lawn tractor when getting off and getting onto the seat?

slammed

Threads
I always wondered is it bad to step on the mower deck of a lawn tractor when getting off and getting onto the seat?

Well it could be. You could dent the deck, bend it, or make it out of level. There is always a chance of anything.

Threads
Yeah, unless there is an actual step on the mower, I would try to not step on the deck.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just can not believe that you really asked this.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
Yea really unless it says step here don't use it as one.

What I don't get is why some push mowers need you to step on the deck and pull the cord to start it, and some all you have to do is pull the cord.

slammed

Threads
What I don't get is why some push mowers need you to step on the deck and pull the cord to start it, and some all you have to do is pull the cord.

Well it depends where the pull cord is. On the handle your good with not stepping on the deck. On the side when you pull it with out your foot on the deck it tends to flip up so step on it.

Threads
Well it depends where the pull cord is. On the handle your good with not stepping on the deck. On the side when you pull it with out your foot on the deck it tends to flip up so step on it.

Oh OK.....now I understand. :thumbsup:

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
boston said:

I don't do it because I did one time and set it leaning to the right 1/4 of an inch and it made like Mohawks in the grass and it's a real pain to fix