steering link

golfer2716

Forum Newbie
hydro 165
link from steering wheel to front came loose where it attaches to the steering wheel.
it looks like a ball that fits snugly into a bushing. can it be repaired?
 
It depends on the what type of setup you have. On the older craftsmans the drag link had a ball and stud swedged in. I have made repairs by reinserting and cutting a washer to fit over the hole and welding it in place. This repair will last for years. However, if you have a drag link that has threaded ends you can buy replacement ball joints. I have seen some at Lowes in the lawnmower parts section. Hope this helps.
 
It depends on the what type of setup you have. On the older craftsmans the drag link had a ball and stud swedged in. I have made repairs by reinserting and cutting a washer to fit over the hole and welding it in place. This repair will last for years. However, if you have a drag link that has threaded ends you can buy replacement ball joints. I have seen some at Lowes in the lawnmower parts section. Hope this helps.

Check your TSC store as well, Better yet use there online catalogue:thumbsup:
 
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top