steering gear.

if you plug your model # into sears parts direct i bet they will have the parts on there. but the gear for mine is 30bucks and then the whole steering rod with the gear at the end was like 60! also dont buy it from sears. plug that part number into ebay or amazon and there will be some sort of aftermarket part on there.
 
Yes, it is metal,Fish. Most of the sector gears were plastic,and my diagram doesn't differentiate.
However,the problem is still the same. They wear out,and most aren't adjustable.
Replaceable,yes, since it makes them more money.
Sears Parts Direct says it's not available,but you might be able to shim it,or use a bushing .
 
Sorry, I just have never came across any plastic "sector" gears, they would last about 30 minutes...... The metal sector gears with
the plastic bearings/bushings, well that was most of them....

Can you give one part number of a "plastic sector gear"?

Just curious.....
 
metz12, Thanks. Yesterday I looked at the gear and jiggled it with the steering wheel, The whole "I" arm assy seems loose. The diagram shows a common swivel pin/bush. Maybe I gotta go deeper. I know for most this 2004 with 500-700 hrs is expected to die now, but I will try to keep it going . Everything else works ok (where's that wood to knock on?)
 
Back
Top