Starts fine go about 20 yards loud bang white smoke, This keeps repeating.

Patriot131

Forum Newbie
I haven't really had any issues with my Swisher briggs and stratton 18hp 5 speed riding mower. I went to start my mower and nothing. I tried jump starting in and it took a little bit before it started. Once started I engaged the blades and drove about 20 yards and heard a loud bang and lots of white/gray smoke. I waited a bit and started it once again. This time it started right up. I again engaged the blade and drove about 20 yards and the same thing happened. It acts as if its flooding. I have not adjusted anything, I did however change the fueling and replaced the inline filter.

So far I was told Carburetor, Coil below the carburetor not working properly. Any ideas?
 
I think if it was a flooding problem it would be flooding all the time. I am possibly thinking water in the fuel, and you are picking up slugs of water in the carb. Try draining the carb bowl and see what comes out.
 
Faulty solenoid on bottom of carb. will not cause the symptoms you describe. More likely contamination in carb.

Walt Conner
 
Back
Top