Starting issues with Old Craftsman Riding Mower

Check your fuel mixture screw. I had the same problem with my old craftsman. Its a little screw under you intake.
 
I am using fresh gas from a gas station. I will certainly try the fuel mixture screw but which way do I turn it.? Also "reynoldston" seems to think that the white smoke I mentioned coming out of the breather tube might be an internal problem such as piston or flywheel key. As I mentioned in a previous post I was not able to get it to start today even for a moment. Is it possible ithat this brief run at high speed did the old girl in? All your help is really appreciated guys.
 
If I have an engine running, and I refuel it (while it's running) & it dies... I would suspect there was something wrong with what I added... OR that dumping fuel in while the engine is running stirred up something in the tank and now it's blocking something in the carb...This is only one of the reasons never to do that... (add fuel with engine running)...

You need to start fresh... empty the fuel tank, clean out the carb... don't adjust things ... it was running fine before, nothing changed the carb settings, you may have introduced some water or something else liquid ...
after things are clean see if it will start & run using starting fluid... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top