Starter solenoid?????

starman19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can somebody show me or explain to me where the starter solenoid on my Ariens Edge 52 is? I looked at it yesterday and tried to find the positive of the battery and follow it, but it looked like it went underneath the frame and I couldn't see very good so I'm wondering if the solenoid is under that and I have to get to it from underneath. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Won't be under the frame. Just take your time and follow that positive lead. Probably going to hard to get to if it is anything like the Gravely mowers here.

If you need the solenoid try this link.
Ariens 05167200 Replacement Solenoid

Hmmm new style solenoid. Adding new solenoid, terminals, and housing to my local inventory.

starman19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Won't be under the frame. Just take your time and follow that positive lead. Probably going to hard to get to if it is anything like the Gravely mowers here.

If you need the solenoid try this link.
Ariens 05167200 Replacement Solenoid

Hmmm new style solenoid. Adding new solenoid, terminals, and housing to my local inventory.
I already bought the solenoid from Ariens.com. I'm just trying to figure out where it's hiding so I can replace it...lol.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I could comment about that but won't...Hind sight is nearly always 20/20.

Yes sometimes it takes a while to find things. Just hope it is not the Gravelys here where it is under the starter and engine has to be taken a loose. Or like the Super Z I just repaired where the solenoid shift starter trigger wire was off and it nearly impossible to reattach without pulling the engine. I got lucky with the long hemostats that I got and was able to fish my way to it.