Starter Removal - turf tiger B&S 35 hp air cooled

Glad it's fixed. Be sure to check those starter bolts after some use and make sure they don't loosen up. In my experience it's always a balance of getting them tight enough that they stay put and shearing them off trying to get them too tight. Don't do that, it sucks!
 
Glad it's fixed. Be sure to check those starter bolts after some use and make sure they don't loosen up. In my experience it's always a balance of getting them tight enough that they stay put and shearing them off trying to get them too tight. Don't do that, it sucks!

Would loctite purple (low strength) help make sure the bolts don’t back out without having to tighten them near he point of shearing?
 
I'd think so but I'm not authoritative on the different locktite products and which is best in this case.

I've had problems with mine loosening and make a habit of making sure the starters don't rattle when I grab and jiggle them. I only have red locktite and I know enough not to use that there.
 
I'd think so but I'm not authoritative on the different locktite products and which is best in this case.

I've had problems with mine loosening and make a habit of making sure the starters don't rattle when I grab and jiggle them. I only have red locktite and I know enough not to use that there.

You’ve for sure got that right. Don’t put red loctite anywhere near a bolt you don’t want to have to use a torch on to get out! :laughing:
 
Back
Top