starter recoil fix

manny5520

Forum Newbie
How can I fix the starter recoil eyelet on a 18 horse kawasaki pullstart without buying a new starter recoil? The hole where the rope goes through is all worn out and I keep breaking pull cords. I is there any way to fix this without relaxing the whole cover? The cover and the eyelet are both metal. I no rebuild kit available...
 
How can I fix the starter recoil eyelet on a 18 horse kawasaki pullstart without buying a new starter recoil? The hole where the rope goes through is all worn out and I keep breaking pull cords. I is there any way to fix this without relaxing the whole cover? The cover and the eyelet are both metal. I no rebuild kit available...

Can the eyelet be spun round?
I dont mean taken off but hold the recoil, pair of pliers and spin it round so you are using different part of the eyelet.
Some are designed like this for this reason.
 
Thanks for the advise. I I ended up drilling out the center of a 3/8th nut and welded it to the cover after I drilled out the old one..
 
hardware stores have plastic inserts that could work...i used one last year on a clutch cable on a firewall
 
You could also use a rubber grommet but welding a bored out 3/8" nut is a great and inexpensive fix. :thumbsup: You shouldnt have to replace a rope for a while now. Did you mount the nut flush with or 1/2 way thru housing?
 
Back
Top