Starter Mounting Screw Help!

BigWeakSauce

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm struggling mightily here to identify the thread I need for the starter mounting bracket for
  • 33R877-0002-G1
The active part number for the screw is 791680 but I'm trying to avoid paying $8 per screw with shipping (and waiting 2 weeks) when my local hardware store certainly sells the same screw for 10 cents.
Anyone out there know where to find this info?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I'm struggling mightily here to identify the thread I need for the starter mounting bracket for
  • 33R877-0002-G1
The active part number for the screw is 791680 but I'm trying to avoid paying $8 per screw with shipping (and waiting 2 weeks) when my local hardware store certainly sells the same screw for 10 cents.
Anyone out there know where to find this info?
Go to the hardware store with the bolt and match it. They should have a sample you can screw the bolt in to determine the thread pitch and diameter.

BigWeakSauce

Forum Newbie
Threads
Go to the hardware store with the bolt and match it. They should have a sample you can screw the bolt in to determine the thread pitch and diameter.
Should have mentioned, I don't have the bolt. Got the mower at auction and the starter assembly is completely missing.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
5/16-18 approximately 5/8in length and the use of a lock or flat washer. Briggs uses a flat washer. Note the RH screw will be a lot harder to install using standard hex head screws. This is because the starter Bendix being in the way which is why Briggs uses a hex head with a T-30 torx drive. May need to remove the flywheel to get the RH screw installed.

Last edited:

BigWeakSauce

Forum Newbie
Threads
5/16-18 approximately 5/8in length and the use of a lock or flat washer. Briggs uses a flat washer. Note the RH screw will be a lot harder to install using standard hex head screws. This is because the starter Bendix being in the way which is why Briggs uses a hex head with a T-30 torx drive. May need to remove the flywheel to get the RH screw installed.
To clarify, RH means right hand? I can see that being a pain to install. I ended up paying $7 with free shipping for a set of 2 OEM screws, just biting the bullet and waiting on shipping. And then I'm off on my way to figuring out what other surprises await me when I turn the ignition.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go buy a few sizes @ 10 cents, and see which one fits when you get home.