Stalling when PTO activated

New to scags. I have a low hour kohler 27 hp 61 inch deck tiger cat. I started it up today. It should be noted that's is in the high 20s low 30s. I warmed up the engine for a few minutes and activated the PTO. It kept stalling out. Should I leave it warm up longer?
 
It was about half to 3/4 rpm. The manual says not to engage at full rpm. I'm thinking now it may also be the battery. The battery is a few years old and it's been in the cold garage and that PTO draws a bunch of power from the battery. I put a charger on the battery overnight and will try it today.
 
Let it warm up today for five minutes and no problem with it stalling. I guess it was just to cold. While I had it out I cut about 1.5 acres. What a nice machine.
 
Let it warm up today for five minutes and no problem with it stalling. I guess it was just to cold. While I had it out I cut about 1.5 acres. What a nice machine.



Dang it you figured it out before I could reply. I have a Bunton with a 23hp Kohler , and its the same way in cold weather. I have to let it warm up for awhile before it will operate right if I pull the pto it will just die out until it warms up good.
 
Back
Top