Stalling Briggs & Stratton B&S 158cc

wtc101

Threads
oh sorry man - I wasnt aware you responded until now.

pictures might be better to explain:

throttle incorrect postion:
see how the boom a rang shaped throttle has slipped past the governor block.. it's past the block to the right.. it has to be behind that stop block to work properly:
View attachment 28205

now here it is in the correct position behind the block:
View attachment 28206

I also removed my carb and when i put it back together is when I finally noticed this after looking at some other pictures of the carb installed online.
hope this helps.. it's all that was wrong with mine.
PUsh

Again, I appreciate the conversation and the pictures. All is correct in my linkage and install. I called my local repair tech and he thinks the intake tube may have cracked or separated at its mount allowing some air leak. I am going to look this over as soon as this weather warms back up. Thanks again.

PUSH

Threads
Again, I appreciate the conversation and the pictures. All is correct in my linkage and install. I called my local repair tech and he thinks the intake tube may have cracked or separated at its mount allowing some air leak. I am going to look this over as soon as this weather warms back up. Thanks again.

No problem - sorry it wasn't just a simpler fix
Good luck with the tube replacement

PUsh

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The 4th post suggested just that,
People who are unfamiliar with the engine put too much stress on the tube when removing & reinstalling the carb.
It is way too long to only be supported only at one end.
Replace the gasket if you remove the tube because the old one will be hard and thus difficult to reseal.
Use a nut diver in your hand to do the nuts up with as they are very small and easily stripped.